PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Cobs are the popcorn of the pipe world. When you can't decide what to smoke or what to smoke it in, the trusty cob never fails to satisfy.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Cobs serve me well. I almost always smoke my aromatic blends in a cob, and really love how a most va/per blends taste in my Cobbit Wizard.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looking for a nice codger burley the way they used to be, you might try PC Russ' Log Cabin.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
My very first smoke was 1Q in a cob. I still go to them (I have only 3) every now and then and when I do I always use a filter. I cut them in half and get twice as many per box! Do you cob fans use filters?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm a Carter Hall smoker, so of course I love my cobs. My main one is swollen, cracking, darkening and bending from all the stress. The cake on the inside is holding it together. I'm on my second stem. When the time comes, Elmers glue will fix it. And yes the cobs do seem to smoke them selves. And no filters for me.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Damn... I wish I could smoke cobs. There's something to be said for the elegant, practical simplicity. Unfortunately I'm too much a snob to smoke cobs. How many cobs can a cob snob smoke if a cob snob can't smoke cobs?

briarcudgel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 6, 2016
Placed an order over the weekend with Aristocob for a Diplomat Apple, and a MacArthur Classic.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Oh come on guys, Im getting ready to order another diplomat cob (lost my first one) and what Mso says, goes, so I gotta order some log cabin now too...
Hey Nate...why don't you just secretly smoke the cobs when ur alone? You don't have to tell the briars...

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
One of the things I love about cobs is just how accessible they make the hobby. Plus, I love the American tradition of a MM. They're awesome!

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
After reading this thread, I felt inclined to dig my MM Wizard out from a drawer of cobs and load it with some Cross Eyed Cricket. Tasty, for sure...Thanks for the inspiration.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
I really enjoy my MM cobs. Country Gentleman, Legend, and a Mark Twain. My next two will be a Freehand and a MacArthur Classic for the bowl size and depth.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I have yet to smoke a corncob. The drug store down the street carries them, so I really don't have an excuse. Maybe I'll pick one up tomorrow.

Foggy - I love Black Shag! I'll have to initiate my 1st cob with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.