PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LudwigB88

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2023
It's a continuous uninterrupted draw for a few breaths.

Exactly
“Exactly” meaning that’s the way to do it, or “Exactly” meaning that’s ludicrous ? You’re saying a continuous uninterrupted draw with your mouth, while your nose does 3 or 4 breath cycles ? Damn; that’s like scuba diving ! Now I know why women complain about a certain act ! Lol !! But I’m serious !

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Reactions: LudwigB88

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Nah, much more pleasant fellow. I'd never suggest Muttnchop.

Alan was a great person, and a valued member of the YTPC. He made some great videos, and it was very sad when we learned of his passing. Same with Old Pipe Pops and Matches860.

I never did care for Muttonchop. I didn't like his style and he always came across as the end all be all of pipe smoking as compared to most of us who were making videos to have fun and engage with other pipe smokers. He claimed to be making videos to "help" people, but it was more like bragging and look how awesome I am, etc. I thought he was an idiot, and I wouldn't recommend his videos to anyone either. Just my opinion of him, and a lot of other YTPC members from back in the day. He never was one of us, as he treated a lot of us like lesser individuals.

LudwigB88

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2023
I’ve come to see that the “breathe technique” ISN’T a technique for smoking a pipe, but rather a technique for what to do IN BETWEEN smoking a pipe (or in between puffs). I DON’T agree with Muttnchop that you could or should smoke an entire bowl of tobacco by just breathing with your mouth closed. THAT’s RIDICULOUS and NOT ENJOYABLE !

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I smoke a lot of Nicaragua, Cigars, and pipe Ky fire, english, with cigarettes inbetween. It might be what I smoke. But, I know you smoke like a chimney too. Glad you're good though. Wish I could still do it. lol
I use just about every tobacco product known. Though I do smoke a pipe throughout most of the day, you'd never know it to see it. Many just assume I'm walking around with an unlit pipe in my mouth. Drives my wife, also a pipe smoker, quite mad.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I’ve come to see that the “breathe technique” ISN’T a technique for smoking a pipe, but rather a technique for what to do IN BETWEEN smoking a pipe (or in between puffs). I DON’T agree with Muttnchop that you could or should smoke an entire bowl of tobacco by just breathing with your mouth closed. THAT’s RIDICULOUS and NOT ENJOYABLE !
It can be done and be quite enjoyable, but not how he's describing it. When done naturally, the pipe nearly smokes itself.

E

Esrafel

Does anyone smoke their pipes using this method? Seems like a pain to me!
I watched Muttonchop's video years ago when I first tried pipes. Life, stuff, things, and tongue bite influenced me to drop it.

Now, many years later, I decided to try again but this time really paid attention to his videos (he had since added another, "last attempt", at explaining it).

It's been a couple-few months and it's second nature to me now. The key is to not allow the back of your tongue to block the nasal passages back there when ya suck in air through the snot-locker.

I don't usually hold it in my mouth and instead alternate between retro-hale and French inhale (not into the lungs, just the opposite of retro-hale).

Kinda like playing with the smoke.

EvertonFC

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2020
Philadelphia
Though I do smoke a pipe throughout most of the day, you'd never know it to see it. Many just assume I'm walking around with an unlit pipe in my mouth. Drives my wife, also a pipe smoker, quite mad.
I know this sounds weird, but I legit want to see that. It's in my Top 5 of things I want to see...
  1. Salma Hayek in my hotel room
  2. Everton win the Champions League
  3. World peace
  4. Bolt Thrower live
  5. Chasing Embers smoking a pipe

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The first three are very unlikely, but possible. Everton has a bit of table climbing to do before thinking Champions League. I am rooting for them esp after a bad bit of points deduction. How does City get away with it all?? Though Spurs is my club. My son and I attended the West Ham and Newcastle game before returning home. COYS!!

The last two seem far more reasonable!

I think this thread has more than run its course, so I am closing it down. Fear not, a new breath-method post will appear in the next month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.