PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I was a consultant designing and developing training for a client (Frito Lay). I was going to be late to work and called my boss to tell her. She was at D/FW airport and couldn't take off. No one got any work done. The weirdest part was driving home south down the tollway and realizing how eerily quiet it was, because there was nothing flying. That is, except for a lone, low F-16 I saw humping fast not on a regular flight path towards the airport.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
I was shaving, getting ready to go to work, when I saw the news of the first tower strike. Called my wife to the small TV set I was watching, and watched the second tower get hit. The series of emotions during the next several hours were something I'll never forget. Got to work and had to console many of my coworkers who just couldn't accept the horror and the implications. I was a mission pilot with the Civil Air Patrol at the time and was called to fly blood transfers during the next several days (we and the military were the only planes in the air). Never forget....
Oh, and members online: checotah, wolfie90, choppa, shaintiques, ronin61, joemcdds

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
OK it after midnight here in the sticks of upstate NY, and cold as hell. Its 40 outside as of 12:10
koshersmoke, nsfisher, baronsamedi, tbradsim1, choch, mmjk, rothnh, puffy, captainsousie, ohiopuffer, batdemon, dawolf58, flyfishn, beewrangler2, gwtwdbss, herbinedave, sjpipesmoker
Were here

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
At 12:30am Texas Time: Members Online Now

baronsamedi, papatoad, checotah, tbradsim1, bigbee, john218, beewrangler2, nsfisher, herbinedave, joe912

ovidsmuse

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
Just signed up, lurking for a month and decided to join in. Smoking my smallest pipe with a bowl of Old Dublin and pipe, with a bowl bowl of Old Dublin, just home from a homebrew meeting.Think my Meerschaum with some Mac navy flake next. Drinking tea and soda water.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
In from work and a quick dinner and now on the forum... Morning all...

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
This could be redundant, but I'm almost always here after midnight ..... midnight by reckoning of the East Coast. In Alaska it's only 8 pm then. I'm a little late lurking tonight, it's about 45 minutes shy of midnight here, some of you guys might be waking to go to work and the such.

Stuffing some Lancer's Slices in a Pete Aran and winding down with some Peppermint Tea :puffy:
Members Online Now

rcstan, ovidsmuse, juvat270, shaintiques, matchstickman, erdnase, ronin61, philobeddoe

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It's Midnight in Texas.
Members Online Now

fnord, hobie1dog, baronsamedi, gnatjulio, mrenglish, herbinedave, ghost, rcstan, deleon, nsfisher, joe912, bigbehr, winterland

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
4:30am. I woke up wide awake. There is nothing else to do, so I came to my favorite online hang out, shaved off a healthy portion of Jack Knife Plug, Packed it in mt sav, and am sippin away. I saw this thread many times but never visited. I can't lie, I haven't read a post. Just skipped to the end. I see that people are posting vids so I am posting one of my all time favorite songs. check it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO2HP8msjC0
There is no official video for the song but this was ok. I love the pixies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.