PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Used panel van with roof vent: $400. Gets you a new study too. She'll be inviting you back in shortly.
LOL - A step above a couch on the porch. Love it!

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Keep smoking in the house. You'll never need to worry about another cake, because you won't be let into the kitchen. Problem solved. You're welcome.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Try the Conway purifyer. From Amazon, it works so well some don't smell smoke at all, and at the least has gotten visiting relatives off my back.
I may have to forego the comforts of a mate, but times like these make me glad not to have one.

Mar 1, 2014
Guy, for a minute there I was actually wondering if we had the most ice-cold stone-hearted human being on Earth posting in our threads.

It made for a good laugh, thanks for the entertainment.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Congratulation. To me, that sounds like a win, win for you. I have never smoked a pipe indoors and I started in the 1980's. If you are like me you will find it very relaxing sitting outside with your wife and child smoking a pipe just enjoying life. I can't think of a better excuse to get out of the house.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I remember those nine months when my cooking had to change. Down here not being able to cook a roux means having to learn to cook all over again.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
The best thing I ever did was be a dad...the BEST thing.
I would have set my pipes on fire in a dumpster for that. And I'd do it again today......unless I could sell them and pick up a few bucks for diapers and stuff.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Im with Jefff - it is the greatest thing. And this is only the beginning of sacrifices for the cake/cakes. My first one permanently turned my wife off to basically all pipe tobacco. Such is life. Congrats!

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Haha, that was a hilarious read.
@guyroux Thanks for the "end the relationship" advice... I'll think about it.
@jefff I'll do my best not to have to burn my pipes for the child. even if it means diapers.
@pipestud ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
@all : thanks for the congrats. As I said, I'm trying to keep it cool since, here in China where I moved five years ago, the rate for cake loss within the first trimester is pretty high.

thesinistral

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2016
I think grown people being 'allowed' or 'disallowed' to do anything in their own home is a bad idea...

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Congratulations Carver. There are lots of compromises in relationships and even more when you add kids to the mix. This is just the first in a long line of small adjustments coming your way.
I have some fond memories taking long walks with the kid in the stroller while smoking my pipe. I don't smoke inside for the most part but get away with it from time to time. I just try to be respectful of her and she puts up with most of my shit. Some times a short walk with the pipe is a wonderful escape from a noisy house and the dog likes it also.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
@all: thanks again.
@buster: thanks for the advice, I am half looking forward, half looking not forward at all, it's scary business.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Congrats. Been there, done that. We had a baby five months ago and I wasn't allowed to smoke back then indoors. After 3-4 months I started with a tightened door and an open window. And it was winter. And it was very cold. I hate winters.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
frozenchurchwarden,
nicotine will cause physical defects during development in the womb, that's probably what has her freaking out.
I know all the experts say this in today's world, but back in my day, no one gave it a second thought. My mother smoked while she was pregnant with me and my sister. Everyone I know from my generation had either one or both parents smoking and no one gave a thought to second hand smoke. Doctors, nurses, patients all smoked in the hospital. I grew up with no ill effects from cigarette, pipes or cigar smoke. I know that the alleged experts of today say we should have all died due to the smoke we ingested but guess what, I lived as did my sister and everyone else I know. I guess everyone from my generation just got lucky.
When my kids were young, I would put them in a closet with me and a cigar and then smoked like a chimney while they were in the closet with me. I trained them to be able to handle all the different kinds of smoke. Out of my 4 kids only one developed lung problems, but medicine took care of it. :nana:

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I was raised with five siblings the same way as Harris with both parents smoking, and man are we ALL fucked up, and we turned out fine too, I'm pretty sure, I think...Anyway, even if I had smoke trained my kids, :crazy: I wouldn't be crazy brave enough to admit it here. :nana:

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Welcome to my world, except I do not have any spawn that I am aware of... Smoking outside on a clear starry night priceless, smoking outside in the winter or during a torrential downpour not nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.