PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
you know I've never seen that movie. I feel like it's one of those movies that gets parodied so much that it's a bit spoiled. Even here and this isn't even a very good movie.
I thought it was a great movie. I didn't see the remake, but the original had some compelling moments.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I bought a tin of EGR not long ago. It caught my eye because I like the actor and the description sounded good, but it was Jimink's review that sold me on it
I was not disappointed. None of his reviews have steered me wrong, and he's been a great help when making purchasing decisions in such a crowded field.
He's not perfect though...his Maltese Falcon review is missing a couple stars. ?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I bought a tin of EGR not long ago. It caught my eye because I like the actor and the description sounded good, but it was Jimink's review that sold me on it
I was not disappointed. None of his reviews have steered me wrong, and he's been a great help when making purchasing decisions in such a crowded field.
He's not perfect though...his Maltese Falcon review is missing a couple stars. ?
I always meant to try that one again (among a few others). I didn't smoke it fresh out of a tin. I got it and a few other GLP blends as trade samples some time back. Maybe someday, the opportunity will arise.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I always meant to try that one again (among a few others). I didn't smoke it fresh out of a tin. I got it and a few other GLP blends as trade samples some time back. Maybe someday, the opportunity will arise.

It might be worth a try. I think that once the secret ingredient (ginger, iirc) fades, it loses its luster a bit.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I thought it was a great movie. I didn't see the remake, but the original had some compelling moments.
oh me not so good with English explaining some times. I meant this forum isn't that great of a movie. Imagine that. Not much drama pretty boring to watch and not even one good car chase or knife fight. Back to the subject at hand I am almost finished with the Robinson blend I bought, certainly need to get this in a tub. It's a very agreeable and well behaved smoke. At one point on my walk the wind gave a super gust that took the bowl into hot territory and the effect was the topping tasted a little sour but in a way that was not unappealing entirely. I really feel like this and Cary Grant are great cross over blends. As in a good way to dip ones toes in the other side. If you smoke aromatics mainly and are thinking about English get either of those ones. If you're not an aromatic smoker but want to explore that fantastic road either of these blends will be great for that. And finally if you care about room note and don't like aromatics these are great for those times. The room note is so pleasant in both but you're still mainly tasting the tobacco in either of these. So again thanks for your work on keeping this blend alive and also hipping me to how good it is. Seriously I hate to admit it but it looked like a really cheap and crappy blend to me at first. Oh and both also have really nice big ribbons that pack easy and smoke nice and slowly.

Reactions: BROBS and JimInks

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
went to that review site everybody loves and how did this blend get any 1 star reviews? Just have to ask do these people who do that know they make it look like they don't know how to smoke. Like getting bite from that one and saying they smoked slow. That's like saying you work really long hours a day all two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.