PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
This is the same state that wants to make buying and selling human remains legal and profitable, but hey... it’s Texas. I just live here.
depends on how they do it. I mean if people want their remains sold don't see an issue. I personally don't care about my remains and if someone wants my skull or shin bone or anything like that when I am gone we can discuss prices.

Reactions: BROBS

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I seriously wonder how I'm going to smoke all my tobacco before I get dusted to the wind, flavored or no. There are work arounds.
There are work arounds and this is exactly how legislatures CREATE criminals by developing a need for a work around or a black market to meet a need that they "deemed to be " socially unresponsible". Of course most famously was the example of the California Assembly man who created massive gun control laws and then became a gun runner himself.

I hope posting this isn't seen as anti asian American. If it is, I apologize in advance for not finding an example from a more privileged group of people.

Did I just write that. Okay, really, this is me being dry humored. That's still allowed, right? Maybe not.

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
depends on how they do it. I mean if people want their remains sold don't see an issue. I personally don't care about my remains and if someone wants my skull or shin bone or anything like that when I am gone we can discuss prices.
Probably suited for another thread, but I mostly agree. I’ve donated my body to science (pipe smoker lungs and all), but some cursory research on for-profit cadaver companies shows a huge number of issues. Or you can just Google ‘bucket full of penises’ and see an example of the issue.

Trust me: it’s a fun search :)

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
You’d think these rocket surgeons could draft a law that just defines and controls liquid nicotine devices and leaves actual tobacco alone.
My thoughts as well: it’s the device and delivery that they take issue with, not so much the tobacco; the TX bill cites an article focusing on menthol cigarettes.

This is all predicated on politicians putting together independent thoughts and reasoning, though, so I won’t hold my breath.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Probably suited for another thread, but I mostly agree. I’ve donated my body to science (pipe smoker lungs and all), but some cursory research on for-profit cadaver companies shows a huge number of issues. Or you can just Google ‘bucket full of penises’ and see an example of the issue.

Trust me: it’s a fun search :)
well not doing it at work.

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
You have to hope that Texas will exempt pipe tobacco from this law, if passed. I think their intent with this law is to stem the tide of vaping.
I think vaping and maybe menthol cigarettes are the primary motivation of those pushing legislation like this. If it were just pipe tobacco you wouldn't hear anything. However when these laws are passed they are enforced on pipe tobacco too. Massachusetts is an example of this.

I think vaping and maybe menthol cigarettes are the primary motivation of those pushing legislation like this. If it were just pipe tobacco you wouldn't hear anything. However when these laws are passed they are enforced on pipe tobacco too. Massachusetts is an example of this.
What it is, is that anti-tobaccoist are seeing people's concerns and anger at vaping, so they are using this concern and outrage to pass these laws that will sucker punch the tobacco industries, under the guise that they are really intending to get the vaping industry.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
What it is, is that anti-tobaccoist are seeing people's concerns and anger at vaping, so they are using this concern and outrage to pass these laws that will sucker punch the tobacco industries, under the guise that they are really intending to get the vaping industry.
Just to be fair, please investigate who dropped a couple billion dollars into the vape industry a couple of years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.