Testy Cigar Customer at Cigars International...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I dislike wearing a mask, but do so when necessary because it's the right and proper thing to do under these circumstances. I'm protecting others from me and I'm protecting myself from those brain donors ambling around me.
?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I wear it at work for quite a bit and I work 240 hours a month. The surgical is no issue, the N95 becomes a real pain.
But there you have it, the surgical doesn't do squat:

masks-not-effective-against-covid.jpg

The pipe hole in my mask would be the one spot where the virus would be effectively stopped.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I am no expert at all, and I'm really nothing but a big oaf.

I think I heard though that surgical masks and cloth masks are effective at catching the water droplets that come out when we talk. And that that is a big carrier of the virus.

?‍♂️
Ding ding ding

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011

The pipe hole in my mask would be the one spot where the virus would be effectively stopped.

I've been declared exempt from mask-mania because I have been in a perpetual state of involuntary face palming since around April of this looney-tunes year. Unfortunately my doctor has warned me that the continual face palming leaves me just as susceptible to the hypercapnia and other negative health effects as the masked masses.

Of course it's difficult for a lay-person to know which medical opinions to follow with so much disagreement on many fundamental issues among highly qualified experts. But luckily I recently discovered a little known scientific fact: the honesty and accuracy of a "medical professional" is directly proportionate to their baseball pitching abilities. I know...it's an odd thing...quantum physics stuff I guess...has something to do with their subconscious apparently.

Or you can just follow the money and their personal history...but not many will put in the effort required for that.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

There's a lot more up to date info regarding how the various types of masks do with regard to blocking transmission. Most of them don't completely block transmission, but they do significantly reduce the radius of expelled droplets. How significant? With a stitched quilted cotton mask from the standard 6 feet, spread is reduced to 6 inches. So distancing remains an important component for evading transmission.

BTW, does that chain link fence carry an electrostatic charge, like an n95 mask? Makes a difference, you know.

That bastion of fringe leftist politics, The Wall Street Journal, ran an article on the continual mounting evidence that masks work. I saved it on my iPhone.

For those who can read material from the WSJ, here it is:

It's just one of hundreds of articles that pursue factual data rather than ideological correctness.

Here's another interesting article on how Peter Tsai, inventor of the synthetic material that is used to make n95 mask, is continuing his research and has a method for reviving n95 masks so that they don't need to be tossed after use if there are no replacements available:

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
There's a lot more up to date info regarding how the various types of masks do with regard to blocking transmission. Most of them don't completely block transmission, but they do significantly reduce the radius of expelled droplets. How significant? With a stitched quilted cotton mask from the standard 6 feet, spread is reduced to 6 inches. So distancing remains an important component for evading transmission.

BTW, does that chain link fence carry an electrostatic charge, like an n95 mask? Makes a difference, you know.

That bastion of fringe leftist politics, The Wall Street Journal, ran an article on the continual mounting evidence that masks work. I saved it on my iPhone.

For those who can read material from the WSJ, here it is:

It's just one of hundreds of articles that pursue factual data rather than ideological correctness.

Here's another interesting article on how Peter Tsai, inventor of the synthetic material that is used to make n95 mask, is continuing his research and has a method for reviving n95 masks so that they don't need to be tossed after use if there are no replacements available:

?

Status
Not open for further replies.