PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Bad on me! I forgot to use the full words, which are "son of a bitch".

Perhaps a bit strong for those who are too forgetful, lazy or ignorant to write out the full thing before reverting to initials when it comes to tobacco and blend terms.

IIRC, LOL, BRB, etc., are long enough in internet vocabulary to be understood by the majority.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Bad on me! I forgot to use the full words, which are "son of a bitch".

Perhaps a bit strong for those who are too forgetful, lazy or ignorant to write out the full thing before reverting to initials when it comes to tobacco and blend terms.

IIRC, LOL, BRB, etc., are long enough in internet vocabulary to be understood by the majority.
Not strong enough. Seems to me that one of our responsibilities as members is to “deliver” new pipe enthusiasts to our very valued sponsors. Acronyms, over used, make it hard for them. And yes, our sponsors make this forum possible without membership fees.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Not strong enough. Seems to me that one of our responsibilities as members is to “deliver” new pipe enthusiasts to our very valued sponsors. Acronyms, over used, make it hard for them. And yes, our sponsors make this forum possible without membership fees.

Perhaps we have a missed opportunity for affiliate links. Whenever someone posts "EGR" there could be a mouse-over thing that offers to link you to "Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend" on smokingpipes.com. 🤔

Reactions: Egg Shen