PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

biz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2020
Florida
I was wondering if anyone here smokes Velvet? When I was in high school, many moons ago. A fella had a hand roller, and a tub of Velvet. He was rolling cigs for people at a party one night, and they were awesome! Haven't had, or seen Velvet since. Just curious if I was intoxicated that night, or was it that good?

Reactions: JOHN72 and Ahi Ka

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I have a pouch of Velvet I occasionally visit. I believe that given enough time, any one of these classic OTC’s will endear themselves to you, become a familiar favorite. They’re all good, solid Burley blends with a nice flavor if you allow the time to let it grow on you. As designed, easy going, all day type blends.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Definitely not a fan. Tried getting through a pouch of the stuff earlier this year and have to say the “play dough” thing was not my thing. I ended up gifting it down the road. However, it’s a blend that many folks like so this is just one fella. ☕

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm reasonably sure Velvet still comes in a pouch, so you can sample it that way before committing to a tub. First, you have to like burley because that's all it is. I think CH, PA, Chatham Manor, and Granger are probably each more popular, but Velvet remains popular. I suspect it doesn't taste the same in a pipe as it did made into a cigar, and nothing will taste the same as it did in high school. The teenage sensory equipment and brain are in a different place.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Velvet is a Old School classic OTC blend that can be found locally from time to time. Quite a bit cheaper than Captain Black or some other OTC's. It has a flavor similar to Granger or Sir Walter Regular although they are all unique in their own way. I really like velvet and have yet to try a OTC blend I didn't like. Would recommend trying a pouch first to see if you like it before commuting to a full tub.

Reactions: shermnatman

Swampdragon69

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2019
That sounds good.
Just bought a pouch from a flea market for cheap. Made by Pinkerton Tobacco Company. Rehydrating with a favorite whiskey. I lost an old tin of Prince Albert from the early Sixties. Mold city. Yes from 62 to 65. Learned my lesson. Waiting about a month to try my Velvet. Wish me a lot of luck.

Reactions: biz
Status
Not open for further replies.