PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Azza100

Lurker
Nov 14, 2021
Peterborough England
Hi everyone I'm trying really hard to find an aromatic pipe tobacco that tastes of the actual flavour but DOESN'T taste of tobacco as I really don't like the taste of cigarettes. I'm in the UK so I can't get certain tobaccos.
Please if any of you out there as any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!
Nice room note but incredible flavour!!
I will look forward to your recommendations!
Thank you

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi everyone I'm trying really hard to find an aromatic pipe tobacco that tastes of the actual flavour but DOESN'T taste of tobacco as I really don't like the taste of cigarettes. I'm in the UK so I can't get certain tobaccos.
Please if any of you out there as any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!
Nice room note but incredible flavour!!
I will look forward to your recommendations!
Thank you
sipping on the smoke instead of puffing helps. Seriously slowing down brings out more flavor especially noticeable with the aromatics. Also the it tastes like cigs means you're smoking fast.

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
The Cobblestone Indulge series.
My favorite being Creme brulee
WO Larsen Signature.
Sutliff Cinnamon delight
None taste anything like tobacco or cigarettes.
My current favorite thanks to a recommend from a forum member is Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honey Dew dudes have a sweet tobacco taste but
Tastes nothing like cigarettes.

Reactions: Azza100

Azza100

Lurker
Nov 14, 2021
Peterborough England
The Cobblestone Indulge series.
My favorite being Creme brulee
WO Larsen Signature.
Sutliff Cinnamon delight
None taste anything like tobacco or cigarettes.
My current favorite thanks to a recommend from a forum member is Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honey Dew dudes have a sweet tobacco taste but
Tastes nothing like cigarettes.
Thank you, are these available in the UK?

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Mac Baren Vanilla Cream (classic in EU) is often recommended on the internet. It is actually very decent, and the tin note is literally one of the best things I've ever smelled. The taste is quite nice with hints of vanilla. But you do still mostly smoke it for the smell around you

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
There are plenty of blends, both aromatic and non, which don't taste like cigarettes and taste like what they are, pipe tobacco. In fact, the majority of pipe tobacco blends do not taste like cigarettes and those blends that do have a cigarette quality are generally sought out by cigarette smokers looking to quit nails yet still get nicotine. And, despite what others might say, there are many nice aromatics that taste like great pipe tobacco and have great additional flavor as well. Many of us smoke both nonaromatic blends and some aromatics from time to time. In short, go out and explore and find some blends that you like no matter what they are. Your tastes will change over time and that is why it is good to cast a wide net repeatedly. The notion that there are no good aromatics out there is simply someone's personal taste, keep that in mind. The majority of pipe smokers have some place in their cellars for an aromatic or two or 30 that they enjoy.
Try Dan tobacco Devil's Holiday, Dan Milonga and sutliff Pannacotta for very flavorful aromatics. Macbaren vanilla roll coin cut is also enjoyable.

Last edited:

Azza100

Lurker
Nov 14, 2021
Peterborough England
There are plenty of blends, both aromatic and non, which don't taste like cigarettes and taste like what they are, pipe tobacco. In fact, the majority of pipe tobacco blends do not taste like cigarettes and those blends that do have a cigarette quality are generally sought out by cigarette smokers looking to quit nails yet still get nicotine. And, despite what others might say, there are many nice aromatics that taste like great pipe tobacco and have great flavoradditional flavor as well. Many of us smoke both nonaromatic blends and some aromatics from time to time. In short, go out and explore and find some blends that you like no matter what they are. Your tastes will change over time and that is why it is good to cast a wide net repeatedly.
Try Dan tobacco Devil's Holiday, Dan Milonga and sutliff Pannacotta for very flavorful aromatics.
Thank you for the information I'll get a few different ones ordered ??

Reactions: Merton

Azza100

Lurker
Nov 14, 2021
Peterborough England
Mac Baren Vanilla Cream (classic in EU) is often recommended on the internet. It is actually very decent, and the tin note is literally one of the best things I've ever smelled. The taste is quite nice with hints of vanilla. But you do still mostly smoke it for the smell around you
Thanks I'll definitely check it out ??

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hi everyone I'm trying really hard to find an aromatic pipe tobacco that tastes of the actual flavour but DOESN'T taste of tobacco as I really don't like the taste of cigarettes.
I'm wondering do you not like the taste of cigarettes or you don't like the taste of tobacco? If you don't like the taste of tobacco, I'm afraid you are out of luck, because you will taste what you are smoking-tobacco. If you don't like the cigarette taste, I would recommend slowing down and enjoy the taste over watching the smoke bellow out. I smoke a little of all kinds of tobacco and enjoy them all, but you will always taste tobacco to some extent.

Azza100

Lurker
Nov 14, 2021
Peterborough England
I'm wondering do you not like the taste of cigarettes or you don't like the taste of tobacco? If you don't like the taste of tobacco, I'm afraid you are out of luck, because you will taste what you are smoking-tobacco. If you don't like the cigarette taste, I would recommend slowing down and enjoy the taste over watching the smoke bellow out. I smoke a little of all kinds of tobacco and enjoy them all, but you will always taste tobacco to some extent.
Haha yeah sorry I don't like cigarettes and thanks for the comment ??

Reactions: WVOldFart