Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I used to have e number of tampers that came with my high grade Winslow pipes, They were pretty nice especially cause they were free, I do have a fancy tamper that my buddy Zack Hamric got me for babysitting his dog when he went on a briar buying trip to italy. It is a very nice looker.

The tampers I uses the most are from my IM Corona Pipemaster lighters as they are the most convenient.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I use my fingers from time to time, and a golf tee now and then, but usually a pipe nail and sometimes a Czech tool. However, I have to say, there is something strangely empowering about a somewhat hefty tamper when settling an ember in a pipe bowl. There is a certain grandness that comes over me. In some small way, it seems to put the world right. Crazy, yes, but that is how it feels.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Czech tools, collecting pipes and testing blends is stress enough. In the beginning we hadn't even a tamper and used everything that worked as one. In those days we still believed that the bigger the cake the better the taste of the tobacco.
I still believe in the cake

Reactions: edger and Seamaster

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
20191121_034341-jpg.15951
I have about 50 of the ones, second from the right. Anything else would get lost. It still astounds me though when I end up in a situation where I can't find a tamper.