PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Daydreamer

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2021
Indiana
Ok, so for $35,000 (cheaper than most family cars) I can have a 1982 Ferrari gtsi, the very car that Magnum PI drove. I know, I know... it's an older car, older AC, older stereo, but I would always drive it with the top down, and the only song I would need would be the Magnum PI theme song.

Talk me out of this!! puffy Before I do something that Mrs Cosmic will kill me for.

View attachment 99889
If you can’t smoke it, don’t buy it?

I wish you had gone for it. Seems fitting.
You just want Mrs Cosmic to kill me, so that you can ravage my cellar, ha ha…. which is what would happen.
We will be getting a small sports car next year. Something just for trips. But, something we can drive across country without worrying about leaks, smoke, and trannie problems.
I will keep both trucks, because I HAVE to have a truck, and wife will always have what she wants. But, we will he set to get a fun toy car then… just one with her approval.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
Met a guy who bought one new after his divorce. Even then an oil change was $400. He had the nicest car at McDonalds because that was the only place he could afford to eat. If he met a girl at a bar he could impress her if he could get her out to the parking lot.

He finally sold it and got a Jeep and a Gold Wing for less money.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
You just want Mrs Cosmic to kill me, so that you can ravage my cellar, ha ha…. which is what would happen.
We will be getting a small sports car next year. Something just for trips. But, something we can drive across country without worrying about leaks, smoke, and trannie problems.
I will keep both trucks, because I HAVE to have a truck, and wife will always have what she wants. But, we will he set to get a fun toy car then… just one with her approval.
You caught me.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I knew a guy who was a mechanic at the exotic car dealership in our city. At that time he said there were only 7 or so Ferraris/Maseratis in town and one was always in the shop for transmission work as people didn't know how to shift them properly (without the synchromesh). This was years ago, so maybe they have synchromesh now.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
No, really, BUY A MAZDA MIATA. Treat yourself to the one with the retractable hardtop.
I just traded in a 1992 Miata I had for 15 years, my brother had bought it new. Wonderful car, one of the best handling, VERY reliable and VERY minor maintenance over the years. Only two seats but that's often a plus.
It is very low, though. How are the knees working these days?