PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm glad there is a B&M in relatively close proximity...

So... when I get that craving, I can go and buy it.
My last example.... Escudo Navy De Luxe.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
@pstlpkr: I love love LOVE Escudo. It is, I admit, hard to make behave, but if you smoke it slowly it is one of the most satisfying rich deep va smokes out there. Like Sweet potato pie with black pepper on top.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I ordered 8 0z. of Luxury Bullseye Flake, now I am kicking myself for not getting at least a pound.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Just picked up 12 tins of McCelland's 221 Baker Street Black Shag. Nine tins are 12 years old and three are 8 years old. Given Tobacco Review's reviews, It will be interesting to see if age improved it.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
Where did you find the old tins of the Pease blends? PM me haha.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I just ordered a box each of Luxury Bullseye flake and Luxury Twist flake. If they are anywhere as tasty as the Navy flake I will be in pipe heaven!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I have a McCranies store that I can walk to. I bought some Petersons Sunset Breeze and some of their bulk tobacco called Quail Run.
I'm going to go there once a week and buy another blend. Help them keep their doors open and rent paid.
and it's my turn to ask the newbie stupid question of the week...what does B&M stand for?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Brick and Morter . Sunset Breeze is good stuff . I have a tin of that and Sweet Killarney by my chair . My PS Proper English will be here this week along with some 3noggins .

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
You guys are creating a monster here...I went in a grocery store today and ended up at the Customer Service Center and that is where the tobacco products are stored...so I ended up buying a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic and I went in for a bag of potato chips. :)

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
After getting back into pipe smoking, reading reviews, getting caught up in the excitement of getting new tobaccos, this site, and a few dollars squirreled away for just the right time, I decided to order a few tins. These are in order of invoice:
G.L. Pease Barbary Coast

McClelland Blackwood Flake

Peterson University Flake

Robert McConnell Scottish Cake

Balkan Sasieni

G.L. Pease Key Largo

G.L. Pease Union Square

Cornell & Diehl Tuskegee Airman

Dan Tobacco Old Ironsides

Dan Tobacco Midnight Ride

Presbyterian Mixture

MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake
Even though I've received all these treasured tins, the sad thing is, it will be months before I get to enjoy smoking any of them!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Wow, what a great variety. Be gentle and smoke slow on that MacBaren Vanilla, it has a history of biting like a Pit Viper, a Black Momba, a Kentucky Rattlesnake, West Virginia Cottonmouth, etc.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
hobie, thanks for the heads up on the Vanilla Cream Snake ... wait that doesn't sound right. My SI Swimsuit issue is around here somewhere.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Here I am in San Diego, far from my native Canada. I found a local shop, Captain Hunt Tobacconists and browsed through their selection. At first I was dissappointed, because I wanted to find something that I couldn't get back home. They stocked a lot of McClelland blends. But I persevered and found a tin of HH Vintage Syrian and a sample pouch of PS Black Currant Cavendish. I can't get either back home, so I'm thrilled and can't wait to get home and give them a try.
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.