PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Are you sure Marsh Wheeling are no longer made? I saw a box of them at my local B&M just yesterday...not sure if NOS but it was unopened and wrapped in cellophane.
According to this thread, they were acquired by another company who is producing them again. So, you're right, I am not sure. Cool.

The mark of a decent cigar is kinda that you have to cut the end off. You have to on Marsh Wheeling Stogies, but they are just twisted shut. :)
1597418380931.png

Reactions: brandaves

ChickenT00th

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2020
I've definitely had the odd Black & Mild or White Owl from time to time, especially if I'm with a group of cigarette smokers - I'd have something to smoke with them and not have to fiddle with a pipe or cigar. Dad enjoys a Backwoods whenever we're fishing or grilling. I'll never turn one down from him.

Spent two years on the road with the great Dr. John (RIP) and he loved to smoke Garcia y Vega candelas outside the bus every night, I'd hang with him and chat while he smoked. I'll pick-up some of those periodically as the aroma reminds me of him and those times.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Spent two years on the road with the great Dr. John (RIP) and he loved to smoke Garcia y Vega candelas outside the bus every night, I'd hang with him and chat while he smoked. I'll pick-up some of those periodically as the aroma reminds me of him and those times.
Are they supposed to taste salty? I only had one once and I threw it out because it tasted like it was salt dipped.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
News Flash: Umm. . . they're not exactly tobacco. Oh! you knew that. The tobacco simulation begins with bear intestine dried in sheets, dyed, and treated with Swisher's special sauce of rum and rat urine. They are wretched smoked young and thus are artificially aged in the retrograde motion of a blue moon.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
News Flash: Umm. . . they're not exactly tobacco. Oh! you knew that. The tobacco simulation begins with bear intestine dried in sheets, dyed, and treated with Swisher's special sauce of rum and rat urine. They are wretched smoked young and thus are artificially aged in the retrograde motion of a blue moon.
So they're an Esoterica product too?

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I used to work with a guy who did just that. I never knew it was a thing.
The rumor we heard was that the paper binder was impregnated with chemicals like asbestos to slow the burn down & was worse for you than the tobacco itself. I have heard of that paper binder called a 'cancer' as in 'How do you freak a Black n Mild? Just empty it, tear out the cancer & then pack it back up.'

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I'm afraid they've stopped making everything but the cigarillos.. What's out there must be old stock.:mad:
I don’t know why that makes me sad, as I don’t smoke them, but it kind of does. When I was a kindergartner (we were pretty poor) my pencil box was a Swisher Sweets box from my grandfather’s store. Imagine the fuss that would cause today if a kid showed up to school with that. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.