PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

decigar

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2013
Wonder what this means for the pipe tobacco?
http://drewestate.com/press-release-swisher-international-announces-purchase-agreement-acquire-drew-estate/

Jan 8, 2013
No Woodsroad, Swisher's known for cheap cigars that the pot heads buy, empty the filling out of, and then stuff with weed.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I guess I need to use the sarcasm emoticon.

emoticons1-271x300.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Admit it, fellas!! You guys have hundreds of Swisher Sweets aging in your humidors so you can sell them at premium prices later. Buncha hoarders!!! :nana: :crazy: :rofl:

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
@JimInks said

You guys have hundreds of Swisher Sweets aging in your humidors so you can sell them at premium prices later. Buncha hoarders!!!
This is true. I have also established quite the wine cellar. There are several cases of fine '86 Boones Farm Strawberry. I have a few bottles left of the "88 Mad Dog 20/20, those are hard to keep, such a good vintage, my go to whilst eating at Castillo Blanca. But my prized wines have to be my assortment of Charles Shaw. My Three Buck Chuck is saved for special occasions exclusively.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
“As a global leader in the cigar and OTP categories, Swisher prides itself on developing, manufacturing, and distributing the most innovative and high quality tobacco products available. I see those same principles in Drew Estate,” said Peter Ghiloni, President and CEO of Swisher International.
Like Dan said, what could go wrong?

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
My brother lives in Jacksonville and claims he gets his Swisher Sweets "fresh from the factory" ... Really? Is that a good thing?

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
So apparently there has been a big PR issue and poop storm over this because news of the purchase had leaked and the PR people at Drew Estate went out sending cease and desist letters to websites that had leaked the rumor... then of course it turned out to be true.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
This probably a pretty good fit, to be honest.

I wouldn't be surprised if Swisher supplies the flavorings for Acid.
acid.jpg
jb_sampler_bag.gif

I've always seen the Acid line as an upmarket Swisher anyways. Apparently, they agree.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Swishers aren't THAT bad guys! In fact swisher black is a decent little el cheapo. The peach and grape though, ugh. They probably just want in on the pipe market, the drew estate brand will stay and the blends probably won't change, just using a brand name to get into a new market instead of making their own.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I had some swishers this summer in Alaska. blah start ending in blech. Those things hit a wall at about the 1.75 inch mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.