PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Im having a hard time finding any real reviews from people that have actually smoked this stuff. Therefore Im going to have to base my purchase off the two chinese reviews on smokingpipes. They translate to the following:

"It is really a rare good grass, worthy of cellaring, tangy wine aroma, worthy of aging, and the best choice for daily rations."

"The combination of V grass and B grass is totally two different experiences from British No. 1"

Its not exactly jiminks but its managed to convince me to get a couple tins.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Im having a hard time finding any real reviews from people that have actually smoked this stuff. Therefore Im going to have to base my purchase off the two chinese reviews on smokingpipes. They translate to the following:

"It is really a rare good grass, worthy of cellaring, tangy wine aroma, worthy of aging, and the best choice for daily rations."

"The combination of V grass and B grass is totally two different experiences from British No. 1"

I'm curious what about those two reviews motivated you to do anything other than close your browser? LOL I think you wanted to buy some so anything you could construe as positive allowed you to pull the trigger.

Worknman

Sep 23, 2019
I'm curious what about those two reviews motivated you to do anything other than close your browser? LOL I think you wanted to buy some so anything you could construe as positive allowed you to pull the trigger.
Yep I was being a bit sarcastic. I rarely buy anything based off reviews alone. I guess I should've added an emoji to convey my joking tone.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA

It seems the party hasn't informed our red brothers. Unlike in Red China, US do not smoke grass, but specific plant called tobacco grown for smoking pleasure. I know it goes against cultural revolution to indulge oneself with luxury of western debauchery, but you'll get less tongue bite by not smoking fresh grass. All in good humor, comrades!!!

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
Upon cracking the tin the smokey, dark Kentucky dominates. There is an added hint of sweet, decidedly whiskey-tinged aroma that takes the edge off of what would otherwise be a pretty robust fired note. The preparation is straight-forward cake, not too dry or too wet, and it packs easily and takes a light nicely.

Upon lighting, my first impression remains with the dark-fired Kentucky, but a smooth oaky, almost nutty taste quickly develops. I can taste a slight apple note that I’ve read about with this blend, but it is not overpowering at all. You can definitely taste that this was in a cask, but it is not as forward as other “straight” dark-fired blends I’ve had in the past and the tinge of sweetness is welcome as I progress through my first bowl. The earthy flavor stays true as I finish the smoke, with no developing heat or heavy bite towards the end of the bowl. I appreciate this smooth burn as I sit on the balcony watching the fireworks for the holiday. I have no experience with the prior No. 1 blend, but this is definitely a batch I can enjoy at the end of the day, and look forward to saving my second tin for the colder evenings come winter.

This definitely checks all of the right boxes for me, taking the edge off of smokier blends with which I tend to end my nights. I enjoy a whiskey or scotch in evenings, and this will certainly fit the bill without accompaniment for those evenings when I don’t want a pairing before I call it a day. I’ll look to see if I can grab a few more tins before this run sells out, and would recommend it for anyone wanting a nice detour from their denser smokes.

bayareabriar

May 8, 2019
I have some coming this week. I’m going to let sit a while though; not to age it, just because I’m really digging Mississippi Mud Grass lol right now. Im glad after reading 3 pages of reviews that’s someone actually tried it! Hooray! Great description too.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Upon cracking the tin the smokey, dark Kentucky dominates. There is an added hint of sweet, decidedly whiskey-tinged aroma that takes the edge off of what would otherwise be a pretty robust fired note. The preparation is straight-forward cake, not too dry or too wet, and it packs easily and takes a light nicely.

Upon lighting, my first impression remains with the dark-fired Kentucky, but a smooth oaky, almost nutty taste quickly develops. I can taste a slight apple note that I’ve read about with this blend, but it is not overpowering at all. You can definitely taste that this was in a cask, but it is not as forward as other “straight” dark-fired blends I’ve had in the past and the tinge of sweetness is welcome as I progress through my first bowl. The earthy flavor stays true as I finish the smoke, with no developing heat or heavy bite towards the end of the bowl. I appreciate this smooth burn as I sit on the balcony watching the fireworks for the holiday. I have no experience with the prior No. 1 blend, but this is definitely a batch I can enjoy at the end of the day, and look forward to saving my second tin for the colder evenings come winter.

This definitely checks all of the right boxes for me, taking the edge off of smokier blends with which I tend to end my nights. I enjoy a whiskey or scotch in evenings, and this will certainly fit the bill without accompaniment for those evenings when I don’t want a pairing before I call it a day. I’ll look to see if I can grab a few more tins before this run sells out, and would recommend it for anyone wanting a nice detour from their denser smokes.
JimInks, is that you? :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.