PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepfan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2021
Wilmington, N.C.
I'm sure it's a nice tobacco. But with well over 100 blends and near 500 lbs in my cellar, I'll pass...
That makes sense, in that position I'd feel the same way. I'm still in the process of building the cellar so I'm throwing in a few things like this for aging. I've got three tins of No.1 I'm saving for some autumn day several years down the line.

Zepfan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2021
Wilmington, N.C.
A bit more info on this blend would have been nice.
Here's some info from the email I received:

Unified by a base of aged Virginias, the blends of Sutliff's Crumble Kake series showcase the diverse flavors of natural tobacco in old-school crumble cakes, benefiting from the heightened depth of flavor and aging potential afforded by the pressing process. Expanding on these traditional processes, the American blending house last year released a special, limited-edition mixture to the line: Crumble Kake Barrel Aged No. 1 combined choice Virginias from three continents, all heat-pressed then matured for 30 days in an aged, apple brandy barrel.

Sutliff's second installment of the Barrel Aged series, Crumble Kake Barrel Aged No. 2, elevates that theme further with a blend of select Bright Virginias and dark-fired leaf from two continents that's been heat-pressed, tumbled, then matured for one month in an aged, oak cognac barrel. Once matured, the mixture is pressed again and cut into old-fashioned crumble cakes for easy preparation and maximum aging potential. This unique process marries the naturally sweet, lemony Virginias with the dark-fired Kentucky's mesquite character, enhancing the blend's natural flavors of citrus, candied fruits, and bold, earthy spice.

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
If anyone wants to pick up a few (3 to 5) extra of this one, I’ll trade tin for tin Your BA no. 2 for my barrel aged no. 1 that I have some left of. Hit me with a PM.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I grabbed some to try. I'm very intrigued.

I wonder how many will be in this barrel series...

Reactions: Zepfan84
Status
Not open for further replies.