PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

biodarwin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2019
Indy
I cracked open a tin of this Wed as soon as it came in. I let it open up a bit before jarring it. Today, I took a whiff and the smell instantly transported me back in time. A young'in sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of Raisin Bran, one of the preferred cereals of my childhood. After snapping back to the present day, I prepared this as I would most thick flakes and attempted to cut into cubes. Semi-successful, certain portions just fell apart and resemble something more like a ready rub. After drying and loading up in a Savenlli 614 a char, relight, and I am on my way! I am met with spicy, but well-rounded pepper notes no doubt from the Perique. This spiciness faded away pretty quickly into a deep, chewy, sweet matured Virginia flavor as the bowl settled down and got out of the "muck". Wow, I just love this blend as it has such an amazing depth of flavor. I glad I decided to get more than a couple of these tins!

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
Somehow in the process of them removing the flag from my order, they managed to charge my account again. The saga continues...
When I called Wednesday the customer service rep said that she would personally call me on Friday to let me know when my order was getting ready to go out. She was true to her word and I just got off the phone with her. While on the phone I informed her about the second charge to my account and it was taken care of. Her kindness and commitment to see this situation through has made the whole ordeal better than I expected in the beginning. I am sure this lady fields the phone calls of frustrated customers all day long and I really feel for her. #tonyaneedsaraise

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
When I called Wednesday the customer service rep said that she would personally call me on Friday to let me know when my order was getting ready to go out. She was true to her word and I just got off the phone with her. While on the phone I informed her about the second charge to my account and it was taken care of. Her kindness and commitment to see this situation through has made the whole ordeal better than I expected in the beginning. I am sure this lady fields the phone calls of frustrated customers all day long and I really feel for her. #tonyaneedsaraise

I think I just talked to that lady. She is really nice for sure :) It’s good to hear she calls back because they guy rep never does/did :mad:. He also, didn’t remove the flag or tell me I was flagged. We’ll see how this plays out but up until this order I’ve never had an issue. However, this one is a doozy for sure and I’ve spent way to much time to resolve it.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I've been on hold with P&C for 45 minutes now. This whole ordeal has reminded me why I stopped giving them my business. I don't think a customer should have to go through so much effort just to find out about their order.

I'll be canceling when they finally answer.

dochowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Torrance, CA
I've been on hold with P&C for 45 minutes now. This whole ordeal has reminded me why I stopped giving them my business. I don't think a customer should have to go through so much effort just to find out about their order.

I'll be canceling when they finally answer.
Sad to say, but with limited exception, P&C has dropped to the lower end of my list. So many other tobacco sellers out there that ship amazingly fast, have great prices, and know how to answer a phone or respond to an email promptly. I can't imagine being on hold regarding a tobacco order for 10 minutes, much less 45 minutes. And I too have been on the waiting end of an order being processed for seemingly forever, as well as the shipping incomplete thing. Truly not cool. Guess I won't get my $1 pipe lighter with bag purchase or my $5 tobacco jar with 8oz of whatever is being advertised.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
i fancy myself as being around long enough not to get caught up in hype. When I first read about this tobacco, I thought it sounded pretty good and right up my alley being a VaPer. So I ordered a tin for myself for Christmas. Why not?

Then I started reading and thinking about the components being aged and I thought, “How often does this come around?” After 5 years of age or so I don’t think it matters much but to have tobacco that is aged for a minimum of ten years before blending I thought was note worthy and I bought a couple more tins while it was available.

Then I saw the pictures of the actual tobacco and thought well it certainly looks good and if I am not happy with it and I am sure I could take a limited production tobacco like THIS and sell it for $13 a tin and get all my money back. So I bought 3 more tins while I could.

Oh no! Did I just buy into the hype? I hope I didn’t but again I comforted myself with my own money back guarantee.

I just got some of the tins in today and I will not be selling this. I am smoking the second bowl now as I type this. Aged or not, limited production or not, this is amazing tobacco (for me anyways). The flavor is just bursting. Nice rich flavor with so much depth. It is so smooth too. Unbelievable. I am sitting here with this bowl just smoldering and just sipping this and thinking I am glad I have 6 tins but wish I had 6 more! I like this more than the FVF that I have that is aged 10 years. At least that will sit untouched now for a time while I smoke this. I can’t stop smoking this.

My summary description of this is it is smooth, rich, deep with so many different flavors that are perfectly balanced. I would be surprised if this gets any better with age and I don’t know that it will be around long enough for me to find out.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to make this blend known so I didn’t miss out. I hope they do it again next year. What a treat for the holidays! Just what I needed for the end of 2020!!

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Just out of curiosity, has anyone smoked it and not liked it? I smoked a bowl and was met with the top quarter of the bowl being a fight between sweet and spicy the middle was mostly Virginia saying hi and the end of the bowl was pretty uneventful. I am not giving a review on it since I only smoked it once but I was disappointed...

I have liked mine so far, sort of. Love the tin note. It is kind of sticky and I have had trouble keeping it lit which has led to more puffing which has led to bite :(

I got some good advice from sablebrush52 and am just going to vary the cut and dry it out more.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I have liked mine so far, sort of. Love the tin note. It is kind of sticky and I have had trouble keeping it lit which has led to more puffing which has led to bite :(

I got some good advice from sablebrush52 and am just going to vary the cut and dry it out more.

Also 15 seconds in the microwave will speed things along nicely

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO

I found that I fell to the hype of it and in retrospect it wasn't terrible. It was similar to Old Ironsides or Salty Dogs. I like both of those but thought that this was supposed to be better. I would not walk across the street to buy it but if someone gave me a bowl, I would smoke it again... I mean who am I to turn down a free smoke?

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I found that I fell to the hype of it and in retrospect it wasn't terrible. It was similar to Old Ironsides or Salty Dogs. I like both of those but thought that this was supposed to be better. I would not walk across the street to buy it but if someone gave me a bowl, I would smoke it again... I mean who am I to turn down a free smoke?
A friend at work gave me some. Not bad, but I prefer Rougaroux and Sutliff's Elizabethan Match.

Reactions: milehighpiper
Status
Not open for further replies.