PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I got my package from Tobaccopipes.com today. Fast service and good packing.

I was a bit impatient, so I tried a bit straight from the tin, and even though the level of moisture masked the flavors, I could tell that this is using first rate matured Red Virginia. There's that ketchup tang and rotten tomato sweetness that matured aged Red has that no other Virginia leaf has. I put some out to dry for a few hours and the flavors just popped!
This almost brought tears to my eyes. With the closing of McClelland I thought that I would never see another new offering with that funky Red flavor profile. But this is older leaf, picked when hand picking was still happening, and of outstanding quality.
I'm not picking up much of the 17 year old Perique, but no matter, I can add from my own stash of it if I want more of a Perique presence. For me, this is easily the best Red Virginia release since McClelland closed up shop. It doesn't need a damned bit of aging, it's already aged. But a few years may meld the components.
Off to smoke another bowl.
This blend reminds me of the 2003 McC 2015 in my stash. I think you had a taste of that last year.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
The tins I ordered from SP and TP arrived yesterday. I called P&C to find out why my tins were still in processing. After waiting on the phone for 30 minutes to speak to a customer service rep I was informed that there were delays because they were having personnel issues.

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
The tins I ordered from SP and TP arrived yesterday. I called P&C to find out why my tins were still in processing. After waiting on the phone for 30 minutes to speak to a customer service rep I was informed that there were delays because they were having personnel issues.

P&C is never the quickest but hopefully they’ll get out soon. Mine are still in “processing” from last week too.

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
I don’t usually say much on this forum, but from the bowls I’ve had so far, I think this stuff is out of this world. I like this stuff faaar better than McC’s Christmas Cheer. Then again, I’m not one for the famed vinegar note of McC’s anyway, to my dismay, naturally. Honestly, I’d trade one of my squirreled away CC’s for more of this stuff, it truly is spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.