PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Blackjack has zero vinegar notes.. @hoosierpipeguy has some shot ass buds

Your reading comprehension is what is shot. Read what I said again. The BlackJack tastes most like 5100, I did not mention tin note. I did mention tin note in the sentence immediately after referencing Old Gowrie.

" I happen to think F&T Black Jack is more similar and tastes better. Old Gowrie has an extra ingredient but the tin note is remarkably similar and great flavor. WCC Simply Red is more similar to 5100 IMHO."

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Your reading comprehension is what is shot. Read what I said again. The BlackJack tastes most like 5100, I did not mention tin note. I did mention tin note in the sentence immediately after referencing Old Gowrie.

" I happen to think F&T Black Jack is more similar and tastes better. Old Gowrie has an extra ingredient but the tin note is remarkably similar and great flavor. WCC Simply Red is more similar to 5100 IMHO."
I'm just messing bro. I will have to try it again thinking of the flavor.
I guess I get so much ketchup from McC that I don't find them similar.

I also don't find Old Gowrie similar at all.. but what I had was new so it's possible with some age it gets a little more similar...

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'm just messing bro. I will have to try it again thinking of the flavor.
I guess I get so much ketchup from McC that I don't find them similar.

I also don't find Old Gowrie similar at all.. but what I had was new so it's possible with some age it gets a little more similar...

To be clear, I wasn't taking it personal or being mean. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. LOL To clarify, I said the closest thing I've tasted. The clarification is, they're still a long way from being McClelland 5100 or any of their Virginias for that matter. Love it or hate it, McClelland was singularly unique with their Virginia blends.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
To be clear, I wasn't taking it personal or being mean. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. LOL To clarify, I said the closest thing I've tasted. The clarification is, they're still a long way from being McClelland 5100 or any of their Virginias for that matter. Love it or hate it, McClelland was singularly unique with their Virginia blends.
holy shit you changed your avatar.. you look like Duke from GI Joe

and I totally agree.. is you want McC there's no replacement so pony up that $$$$$$$$$$$$

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This all being said would you recommend black jack or is there another red Virginia that you think is preferable?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I have excellent tastebuds. I think you and Hoosier share a set.

btw doesn’t @hoosierpipeguy look like duke from gi joe?!?!
8d407b6a4d40553970f6f6eff762ec1e.jpg

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
This all being said would you recommend black jack or is there another red Virginia that you think is preferable?

I would recommend it as a red Virginia. To be clear though, I recommend a number of the F&T Virginia Flakes more. If you can find some C&D Carolina Red Va Flake Small Batch and sit on it for a few years, you'll be rewarded.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I would recommend it as a red Virginia. To be clear though, I recommend a number of the F&T Virginia Flakes more. If you can find some C&D Carolina Red Va Flake Small Batch and sit on it for a few years, you'll be rewarded.
I have five tins of the Carolina Red Flake that I've squirreled away - haven't opened them yet going to try and hold out as long as I can!

I will look at the other F&T Virginias and decide, seems to be often sold out on the normal sites I can order from.

Status
Not open for further replies.