PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I think the supply issue is more how many people are picking up the "hobby" and how many more people are smoking more then ever. How could they have accounted for needing to ramp up production of freakin pipe cleaners. This has happened with a number of industries. People have picked up working out at home and certain work out equipment has been running out because suddenly there is a new market growth that really wasn't expected.
Stupid side note people working at home can also mean it takes longer for information to go through the pipe line. It took almost a month to get my new work id. Which usually takes like a day or two at most. Fun stuff.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I’ve got two orders out in the wild right now, both delayed. Covid already increased the amount of packages being shipped, plus workers getting sick and taking time off, plus now the holiday season adding extra load to the pipeline and it’s not surprising at all that things are backed up.

I panic ordered about 1500 pipe cleaners cause I thought I was nearly out, until I moved a big jar of Habana Daydream out of the way in the cabinet and about 10 packs of cleaners came tumbling out!

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
I am not having problems ( more than one day at most ) with any other shipper , but my order shipped 12/2 is still in the wind and Sm#nkingpipes told me I have to wait until the 23rd to do anything about it. I have not had issues in a while from them - I even asked if they have new owners since they used to jump on issues and do anything to help. Ordered a back up from another vendor so fingers crossed.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been hoarding pipe cleaners for a while now. I only buy certain ones and I buy 20 packs of each style any time i order them. I have 2 main sources and one back up for them.

I have also noticed that there is a real shortage of IM Corona Pipemaster lighters. Most retailers are out of stock. I have 8 of them because I have a black hole in my house that eats them for breakfast, lunch and diner. I swear one day I am going to find that black hole and send a fusion bomb into it to get that hole back into space where it belongs. I also have a hole that eats my tampers from my lighters as well. Since I have stopped my buying at number 8, I have had no losses. Maybe it is a lucky number.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
It's almost Armageddon in my opinion. I ordered a box of Davidoff Aniversario Special T's in the afternoon on Tuesday, they usually come by overnight Fed Ex so I was expecting them Thursday because I ordered so late in the day, but nothing so far and the Fed Ex tracking system simply says that its delayed...it's supposed to be OVERNIGHT!!! It's a $500 box of freaking cigars for god's sake!
May I ask what box you ordered going for $500?

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Oh don't get started...and we're doing it again. Someone please remind me what the definition of insanity is....

Man, I spend most of my day trying to think of something else..

Bury your head in the sand.. or risk being called mean for not condoning all of it.

If you make a facebook post about how much you love this shit, you can get 1500 bucks and a freedom pass.

It'll all work out... our kids can pay 20 bucks a gallon for gas and make up for it.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Since I'm cellared, most of what I've bought this year has been piipe cleaners. I now have about 50 or more packs stashed in a large box. You can't have enough.

Jesse, I don't know how I could live without the proper pipe cleaners that are my favorites. I am like you, I see shortage trends and know when it is time to load up. I never thought I would see pipe cleaner shortages, that is really messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.