Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I've had some whole leaf that grew mold in the jar and it was definitely the fuzzy/cobweb look. I just took a look at some Sunday Picnic that I put in the back about 2 years ago because the first bowl ripped my tongue up for a week after and it currently shimmers in the light. Without a doubt, a notable difference in appearance between the two.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
Mold spores are microscopic and designed to proliferate through the air we breath. Mold is ubiquitous and can be harmless or potentially deadly depending on species. Do not think that breathing in abnormal mold is harmless, or that mold can't grow in you lungs. Do not think that messing around with unknown mold is safe. Unless your a mycologist and know exactly what dealing with, I suggest thoughtful caution to my words. Penicillin grows on bread in your kitchen because spores are floating in the air, along with a lot of other spores.

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
Science has proven. There is no such thing as magic plume. It is all mold in some form or fashion. Plume is not real.

Last edited:
I like image of people licking their flakes of tobacco to determine if it’s sweet or not makes me chuckle. Strange crowd around here.
Some people chew them. I don't, but I have no problem tasting them or deeply smelling my tobaccos.
If I am weird, and I probably am, the tobacco thing is the least of my weirdnesses, ha ha.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I like image of people licking their flakes of tobacco to determine if it’s sweet or not makes me chuckle. Strange crowd around here.
In the name of science I have tried to scrape off these “crystals” and taste them. They tasted faintly salty and a bit soapy. Definitely not sweet. My impression is that it is just precipitate of the additives in tobacco with a bit of tobacco dust carried through.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
In the name of science I have tried to scrape off these “crystals” and taste them. They tasted faintly salty and a bit soapy. Definitely not sweet. My impression is that it is just precipitate of the additives in tobacco with a bit of tobacco dust carried through.
Salts left over by the tobacco off gassing ammonia.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
What can be done to prevent mold?
I know to clean glass jars.
But can something be added, some little packet like those oxygen absorbers?

Reactions: karam