PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Not nearly so gritty, but I get a slightly obsessive lift -- having been changing cat litter and emptying trash a few years too long -- in arranging it so that the heavy bags of dirty kitty litter are put in the bottom of the cart so they push out all the lighter weight junk so nothing stays in the cart. The truck has the robotic arms that reach out and dump the cart upside down. If I hear the truck coming, I peer out the window and watch the action, then sit back down and have a good laugh at my own expense. Ah, the little joys of life.
It’s more fun if you put it loose throughout the whole bin so they get a yummy dust shower ?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Keep reading, there's a thread about a little known pipe shape that will really give you that feeling.

You are absolutely welcome in my humble home.. If ever you find yourself in south Alabama. Mine has got to beat a hotel shower.

I was in Birmingham last week. If I ever venture further south, I will take you up on your offer was long as you don't frown at the bleach spray I have in my hand.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I use the same single blade Bic disposable razor for years at a time.

Not the same type. The same one. Like this:

1591068389315.png

I learned in the army that, if I shave right after coming out of the hot shower, I wet shave with just water and that razor and it almost never wears out.

In fact, the last time I replaced it was due to looks, not function.

I shave about once a week these days, Sunday night , usually.

1591068359875.jpeg

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand

View attachment 31982

I learned in the army that, if I shave right after coming out of the hot shower, I wet shave with just water and that razor and it almost never wears out.

View attachment 31981
Obviously not your chin, are you shaving your legs?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Once in my town they were renovating the central branch of the library. This was by far the biggest in town, thousands of books. Well there were signs posted everywhere that the library would be closed, and services suspended, and all that. Well the library is shut down for the renovations. Right before work was to begin, there was a labour stoppage (strike).

The strike went on for about 2 weeks. The whole time the library was closed to the public. When the work crews got back on the site and unlocked the door, they found an old man hunched over at a desk with books everywhere. He was relived to see the work crews to say the least. When asked how he passed the time, he said he read books. What did you learn, they asked.

'I learned more than I wanted to know'. He replied.

I kind of feel like that guy now.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois

View attachment 31982

View attachment 31981
I have had the same razor for many years although its still in the wrapper as i dont shave :col:

Mar 1, 2014

View attachment 31981

I haven't shaved in over a decade, but "way back when" I would only shave in the shower with water running over my face. Somehow I don't think I got more than a few months out of a razor though, maybe the triple blade things were actually more of a detriment than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.