PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycroftholmes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2018
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

If you smoke a pipe for nicotine and pure tobacco flavour then you get approximately 26 30 minute bowls from 2oz of GH&co Dark Birdseye/brown ropes/dark flake compared to only 12 1.2 hour bowls (for the same amount or nicotine) of a low nicotine blend

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeehhhhhh... well.... I do like my nicotine, and my tobacco flavor. I definitely LOVE strong tobaccos, so don't get me wrong, but this is sorta like saying that if you buy a screamO death metal album you get 220 drum beats per minute for a 35 minutes per album, at 7,700 drumbeats per album. Whereas with a regular rock and roll album you get 120 drumbeats per minute with only 4,200 drumbeats per album. And... the decibel level is 1.8% higher than most other forms of music. But, it doesn't take into account... all sorts of stuff.

Sometimes we smoke for flavor, sometimes nicotine, sometimes to explore different things. puffy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like a nicotine buzz, not head-reeling, now and then and take it as a treat, but I don't think I ever select a blend for that, and some of my blends are pretty high nic. When I take a few days off from the pipe, I don't have cravings. I like it more for the flavor, the ritual, the time-off, the meditation, and the sensory lift.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I smoke a pipe for flavor. Some of my blends are stronger than others but I don't pay much attention to which is stronger than another. If I want nicotine, I will just smoke a Camel Blue 99 cigarette. I usually smoke one or 2 of those before bed. Sometimes my pipe is the last thing I will smoke before bed. The only blend in my cellar that I think has any nicotine worthwhile is my Peterson Irish Flake and even that is weak compared to a Camel.

I know some of you guys are trying to get off the cigarettes and good for you, keep at it. I think if you concentrate on flavor over strength, you might find one day no cigarette is going to give you the flavor you are looking for. I know for myself the Camel I do smoke tastes like shit compared to any of my blends and one day I won't bother with a Camel ever again.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
An economist would tell you that it's impossible to know what factors into someone's utility (i.e. value) that they get from pipe tobacco. If my favorite uncle smoked nothing but Lane 1-Q and I got an intense rush of nostalgia and happiness from smoking 1-Q, it might be the "best value for the money" for me.

If I loved the flavor of Ennerdale, and the smell of it made my wife want to make out with me, it would be the best value for the money for me.

I'm glad strong tobacco is the best value for you. But that in no way implies it's that way for everyone.

Now, when I walk into a cigar booteeque, and if’’n they wanna help me, I ask for ten cigars that taste the most like a real cuban, and five that have killed your best men.
I’ll smoke Virginias, VaPers, VaBurs, and swizzle wizzle all day long. But, when I go to bed, I’ll pack a bowl of Cotton Boll Twisy, some Dark Flake (serial killer flavored), or I’ll grab a tar soaked sticky cigar that reeks of burning dumpsters to set me right for sleep.
For every season, there is a blend... puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.