PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob1

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
I tend to relax and enjoy a bent more than a straight, but I do like to switch between them in the rotation.
-A good woman, a good pipe and a good whiskey.

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
Straight for me. I have only a couple of bent ones, and one to come, but my best smokers by far are straight pipes. My ideal pipe is a straight billiard under 30g of weight; That's what I usually look for, although I get carried away by the beauty of some bents.
I have a pipe rest in every table. I don't like to hold the pipe in the mouth too much; i prefer to leave it in the pipe rest, do whatever and take it back, or keep it in the hand, if I can. Even the bent ones bother me if they hang in the mouth too long.
Despite that, I am more known around these parts by those bent pipes, which I smoke to/from work riding a motorbike...

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Hmm, old topic back from the dead. I've always liked the look of a straight pipe, particularly in an apple shape or billiard. That being said, I tend to prefer how a bent pipe clenches.

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
I am more known around these parts by those bent pipes, which I smoke to/from work riding a motorbike...
We need to see some pictures of this truly badass feat!
Lol! I live in HCMC; we do everything on the bikes;
1_1301603266_the_art_of_sleeping_on_a_motorbike.jpg

overloaded_motorcycle_vietnam.jpg

lady_baby_ride_precariously_motorbike_downtown_h.jpg

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Bent all the way! They hang better and feel natural in my hand.
@carlosviet - those are some awesome pictures! :rofl:

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Straight or bent as long as I can get a pipe cleaner through em I'm a happy camper.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Yup, bents for me! I do have a couple straights that I enjoy getting out once in a while. That's a Stanwell Golden Danish straight I'm smoking in my avatar pic.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
My favorite shape is a straight bulldog, but I definitely have more bents than straights, I like how they feel better

slowpuffer

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2012
I have owned a number of straight and bent pipes. However, these days I prefer straight. Honestly, I just like how they look. I don't think any pipe looks better and more handsome while I smoke it than a straight rusticated pipe.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I don't dislike bent pipes, but I prefer straight billiards myself.

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
I prefer lighting a bent pipe - as I can see the tobacco surface while "in the act". Otherwise, I prefer smoking a straight pipe usually, and these make up the majority of my pipe collection.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
I started out preferring the look of a full bent but as I got more and more in to pipe smoking I found out that I really like them both. It's all about the execution to me and if it all comes together in my eyes then I'm in to it.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Straights, but recently I have started thinking that Stanwells shape 95 is the perfect one. Thick walls and comfy to hold:
stanwell-handmade-brown-mat-95-1.png

ruraldean

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
I'm a straight man (in every sense!).
I just feel that bent pipes age me more than straight ones do, and I'm 56. Being a typical bearded pipe smoker a straight pipe looks more direct, focussed and businesslike. A bent pipe makes me look like a bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.