PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertL

Lurker
Dec 1, 2019
I smoke both, but I prefer a bent. The shape gets the bowl out of my eyes and I prefer the aesthetics.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
I am an aficianado of the billiard, and my collection definitely skews to the straight form over the bent. I like the simplicity of the shape, the always easy draw, ease of cleaning, and above all, the iconic look. :LOL:

Cheers,

Chili

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Gubbins

Might Stick Around
Feb 5, 2020
Prefer a bent pipe for several reasons... I can see the tobacco in the bowl easier when tamping and lighting, it's less in my line of sight when clenching, and ultimately I like the look of a bent pipe more.

Reactions: brandaves and BROBS

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
I was going to write that I don't have a preference but my collection of pipes says otherwise:

30 or so bent
2 straight

Reactions: BROBS
Jun 9, 2018
England
I'm a bent man, not being a clencher I can lay back on my settee propped up against the pillows and it just sits lightly in my mouth while the bowl rests on my manly chest which takes all the load.
It means my hands are free to {EHEM} do other things. No not that! Take your mind out of the gutter. No I mean play 8 Ball Pool on my tablet or surf the net or whatever.

Yes I'm definitely a bent type of guy, no question about it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like both. Bent pipes take some leverage off the teeth, and old teeth often get expensive if stressed. By the same token, I like a fine straight pipe, but mostly those that are fairly light weight, again so that they are not leveraging against teeth. I have some big heavy pipes in both categories, but have tended toward lighter weight in recent years.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
I like both. Bent pipes take some leverage off the teeth, and old teeth often get expensive if stressed. By the same token, I like a fine straight pipe, but mostly those that are fairly light weight, again so that they are not leveraging against teeth. I have some big heavy pipes in both categories, but have tended toward lighter weight in recent years.
I must say I do like the smaller bit with store bought teeth they seem easier to clinch

Status
Not open for further replies.