PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
My wife and not have not rescued any dogs. But, we've had 5 abandoned dogs rescue us. Truly, they bring us some of our greatest joys.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
Good for him to have a new lease on life. Good for you guys for giving him a good home. Looks like he has become very comfortable. We save a boxer mix from certain death last August just a joy to have around

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That is a great story with a very happy ending for you as well as your new family member! :clap: This little guy found us last year and made our already full family complete.
img_20170817_0707291.jpg

Jul 15, 2011
That's a good looking dog embers. We took JoJo to the dog park earlier today to let him run. Still haven't found a dog that can beat him in a foot race.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Still haven't found a dog that can beat him in a foot race.
:mrgreen:
Off the leash, Oreo looks like he's flying, you never see his feet touch the ground. The look on his face is priceless when he's running like that, an ear to ear grin. :D

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Oreo is a fitting name. You know the breed?
He can thank my youngest daughter for the name, but after she suggested it, I couldn't imagine calling him anything else. His breed is Jack Chi and considering how well behaved and house trained he is, I'm guessing someone dropped him off and left him. We checked the neighborhood for missing dogs, and after no one claimed him, we had a new family member. A local dog breeder informed us of the breed as I had never seen a Jack Russell Chihuahua mix before. JoJo certainly looks like he's comfortable with his new family and appears to be making himself quite at home. :) Love that couch pic. He knows he's safe and loved now.

Jul 15, 2011
JoJo certainly looks like he's comfortable with his new family and appears to be making himself quite at home. Love that couch pic. He knows he's safe and loved now.
Yeah he fits right into our house. He can still be a bit of a butt because he's only a year old but he catches on to what he should and shouldn't do pretty quickly. As for Oreo, I can see the Jack Russell because of the body shape, never would have guessed a Chihuahua mix though. So weird that someone would just drop him off like that, especially if he was that well behaved. JoJo is such a good dog that when our application went through, his foster family had to make a last minute decision as to whether or not they wanted to keep him. If they kept him, they couldn't foster any other dogs, but they wanted to continue to foster so they let him go, and I'm horrendously grateful that they let us take him.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Our fur family members study us and know the household in elaborate detail, aspects we don't think about or don't know ourselves. That's why we develop an emotional bond that's so strong. They pay unending attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.