PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
There is a past thread from maybe last year in which a pipe reportedly stolen at a pipe show, was recovered several days later. I don't remember any details.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Wow that sucks. It's funny I tend to hold pipe smokers to a higher standard and just expect them to not do this kind of thing.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Sorry Buroak. I'll keep an eye out. And to the slimeball that stole it, anything you smoke in it will have the sour taste of your deed tainting it. If you're reading this, find a discreet way to return it to buroak and make things right.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
From whom was the pipe stolen?
It was stolen from Buroak's table. He had brought it to the Greater Kansas City Pipe Show to sell. This really sucks and this is one time where I hope that Karma is a real bitch.
You guys have pictures and you know what makes this pipe easy to identify. Please keep an eye out. I'll be hunting at the WCPS. If anyone gets a lead, let Buroak know.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Came to this thread thinking "stolen" was hyperbole and expecting to read about someone making an amazing eBay score on a vintage pipe.
Sad to see to this.
I imagine the thief sitting alone in his basement, lights dimmed, smoking the thing -- since he certainly cannot go out among decent people.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It was stolen from Buroak's table.
I'm really sorry to hear this. It's a loss to Buroak both financially and spiritually. I don't know how someone can steal like this and actually enjoy smoking the pipe.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Dan, its super easy to enjoy smoking a pipe you stole....If you're and unrepentant piece of shit. I'm an unrepentant hater of anyone that steals.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

May thieves rot. There aren't many feelings worse than having something stolen from you, so I'm really sorry to hear this news. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it shows up. In the meantime, pictures and information about this pipe must continue to be plastered everywhere throughout the pipe smoking community in hopes it is found. Kudos to those who have already posted on other sites in order to spread the word.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
grumpy-harvey-cat-face.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
JimInks has been getting the word out to other forums and to the Facebook groups. I'll send out messages to online dealers. Perhaps some of them will already be aware of it. If it shows up on eBay I'll know about it and file a complaint. Any of you who belong to pipe clubs, please let your members know about the theft and this thread so that they can see the pipe.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
It was once a point of pride in the pipe collecting community that NOTHING was EVER stolen at shows. Security was unnecessary.
That lasted until the early 1990's.
Usually pipe thieves are just greedy, amoral idiots who think stealing things in general is OK. What doesn't matter, only that it's worth a few dollars does. Your average Wal-Mart pants stuffer.
When a particular piece that's UNREMARKABLE TO NON-COLLECTORS gets lifted from the middle of a crowded table, though, it means it was one of US who did it.
There was once an Indiana Highway Patrolman (!) who answered a call at a collector's house, saw his stuff, and came back a week later to steal it all. Hundreds of top-grade Charatans. He got caught and did hard time---he didn't realize briar grain is as unique as fingerprints---but even he was just a greedy, amoral idiot. He wasn't evil.
The creature who took buroak's Barling is evil. A lurking, false-fronted snake.
There's a chance he's even reading this thread.
If so, asshole, know that I'd spit in your face and gut you like a fish if I had the opportunity. :evil:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I posted about this at four forums and the three biggest Facebook pipe forums. Let's hope this weasel tries to sell it and get caught. I'd love see him get his real bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.