PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
There was a history forum I used to participate in, where I violated a rule that was unique to their forum, and they actually gave me demerit points. I think it was that they didn't allow contractions in thread titles, but if not, it was something similar. If I had done another mistake of equal demerit value, it would have pushed me into a time-out situation.

Wow ?!
And people think that we're strict here.

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
... before I post anything, I give much thought into how it might possibly get twisted around to the point where the thread is closed down.

Once I’m sure it’s a reasonably safe subject, I go ahead and type it up….
I'm sort-of the opposite.
A question arises in my mind so I search the forums and if I'm not satisfied with the things I learn, or I'd like to have a more up-to-date conversation, I just start a post; It may take off and it may not...

It usually leads to some interesting conversation, which is better than just reading through forum history. More often than not, some info is repeated from the past but new interesting info and socializing happen with no shutdown.

Occasionally someone makes some jab at me for posting something a little dumb (which I do) and the admin shuts down the thread before I can respond. That reminds me: I owe the mods a quick "thank you" because 1) I shrug it off a lot easier when I don't have the ability respond, and 2) I have been saved from making a fool of myself on more than one occasion :)

Like in real life: Not every conversation topic goes anywhere.

I find this forum to be of the most relaxed and civil that I've ever seen.