PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
I was just watching the new Oliver Stone history. Footage of Stalin showed him smoking a pipe. It was a large thick billiard, about the size and shape of a Dunhill #6. It proves that all pipesmokers are not peaceful.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
And the dirty so-and-so is reported to have smoked Edgeworth Ready Rubbed.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Stalin as a pipe smoker is well known. Lots of pics of him smoking.
KMO_072661_00006_1m.jpg

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Let's don't forget Chairman Mao in the "Famous Axxholes Who Smoke Pipes List."
He smoked nails, pipes and was directly or indirectly responsible for the deaths of 50 million souls. He was also a pedophile so I've long hoped there's been a special place in Hell for this mutt.

subtech77

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2012
It’s said that Stalin only smoked a Dunhill.
I’ve no idea, but I wouldn’t be in the least surprised, if it turns out that this story is yet another skilful move on the part of the PR men. As for Uncle Jo himself, I don’t consider him in any way to have been a serious smoker. What sort of serious smoker would shake out the tobacco from Hertsegovina Flor cigarettes and use it to fill his pipe? Incidentally, the old man once made a pipe for Stalin – on his own initiative as a gift. Then he went to an exhibition where they were showing the numerous gifts that Stalin had been given. He couldn’t find his pipe among the other exhibits, so he decided that Josef Vissarionovitch had kept it for himself... Maybe he did, but there’s no historical proof to confirm it.
This is from an interview with the great russian pipemaker Grechukhin. Well worth to read full interview by the way.
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Grechukhin

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
top 3 men responsible for others deaths...
chairman mao.... his numbers are thought to reach over 50 million through executions and forced starvation of his countrymen.
uncle joe stalin... between his pograms, purges and forced collectivization of agriculture his numbers run about 30 million or so.
hitler... because he got a late start and resorted to, in typical german fashion, maintain a more hands on approtch he only racked up about 8 million, the largest single group being jews.
honorable mention should go to pol pot who after murdering 2.5 miilion cambodians managed to die in his bed.
that murdering bearded bassard in cuba and his pals only have a million or so to their credit...

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
It F***ING boils my blood when I see people wear those damn Che Guevarra t-shirts and refer to him as a "freedom fighter". That man had zero interest in other peoples freedom. And don't even get me started on that BS that he was a medical doctor...

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
LMAO, Juvat.
Lord, I feel the same way. Trendy tee shirts are nothing more than....trendy tee shirts.
And, Brother Che, IIRC, was trained to be a dentist in Mendoza, Argentina before that region decided reasonably priced red table wines was a better export than home schooled terrorists.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
I may have missed something in history class, but what exactly makes Che Guevara a "cowardly, sadistic murdering A-hole"? Stalin, Breznjev, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Ceaucescu, Hoxha, Castro, Arafat, Hussein, every Al Qaida-member and probably a few more, yes. But Guevara? I'm no fan, but I wonder if he deserves a place on this list.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
oh, i don't know, maybe bashing in the heads of people with a baseball bat should get him on the list, or maybe selecting people for "education camps" where the main thing you learned was starvation, maybe it was selecting who lived and who was executed by a "peoples" court from Bautista's former juinta....
he also spent time formenting revolution in 3rd world shitholes as a proxy for both the chinesee and russians.
edit to add, he was the bearded bastard's hatchet man and he was enthusiastic in his duties...

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Well put, brother.
I'd say justice was well served when those Bolivian rangers put him down like the rabid dog he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.