PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
no, his last words were to pray to a G_d who he had denied existed before he was shot

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
As despicable as he was, guys, I'll give him a tip of the hat for trying to die like a man. According to this site - a compilation of declassified government documents - he made the attempt to stand up befor they gunned his sorry ass down.
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB5/index.html
Death to tyrants.
Fnord

Aug 14, 2012
In the next episode of the Oliver Stone history Stalin is again seen smoking a pipe. This time a Dunhill bent billiard with silver band, probably a #6. It was mentioned that he made fun of Churchill for smoking a cigar.

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
Churchill was a phenomenal example of what a man and gentleman should be. Could use a few more like him.

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
I have two rules regarding history and the dead, the first is "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there" said by L. P. Hartley, and the other is Don't speak ill of the dead. I am annoyed when I see all the Che shirts worn by people that don't understand the politics or culture of the people in that area or why each side fought each other. I stand to the middle left of the political spectrum but these people don't know what they are saying buy wearing his face. In live these guys were terrible examples of humanity, and to be honest better off dead. The best thing we can do with their legacy to the world is strive to be better than them. Maybe this is because I'm some pinko Canadian but I'm a pretty give fan of studying the past, fixing the present, and putting tobacco in the cellar for the future! I am also really really resisting the urge to go on about all the horrible things that the British, French, Canadian, and American peoples have done to the First Nations over the last few centuries.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
Yeah, Che killed people. Some of them innocent people, I'm sure. But the people he were fighting against were just as cruel and bloody, and it ain't like we've never slaughtered folks, either. One man's murderer is the next guy's freedom fighter. Hell, I grew up here in the South and, as the descendant of Confederate soldiers and partisans, I grew up being regaled by stories of how noble and virtuous both they and their cause was. Bull. They were every bit at wicked, cruel and depraved as Che or any of the rest of the scumbags listed here were. Enslaving an entire race of people based on the principle of racial superiority and then committing high treason in order to preserve slave labor is as grotesque and monstrous a crime as any listed above. And people still romanticize THEM every day in our country ... And that's not even getting into the horrors committed by Union troops, the tragedy of Reconstruction, etc.

.Somehow, I can't find myself any more offended by a Che shirt than I am by the Rebel Flag.

subtech77

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2012
10 points to doctor for being able to have two thoughts in his head at once and being balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.