PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Who's going? After burning my Christmas money on four new pipes I told myself I wouldn't buy any more pipes until the Chicago show in May... but with St. Louis only a five-hour drive from Chicago, I'm tempted. Info copied/pasted from Pipedia:
February 18th, 2017: The St. Louis Pipe Club Annual Pipe Show and Swap!
Location: Webster Groves Masonic Lodge in suburban St. Louis County. 12 East Lockwood, Webster Groves, MO
Time: February 18th, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with set up and reception Friday evening at the Lodge.
Admission: free!
Hotel: Best Western Kirkwood Inn, Located at 1200 S. Kirkwood Road (also know as Lindberg Rd.), Kirkwood, MO. Phone: (314) 821-3950. Non smoking (All Saint Louis Country and City Lodgings are, but rooms have balconies where smoking is apparently allowed). Show rate $92 until January 28th, limited rooms.
This show has historically been the first major show of the season and has been well attended with a lot of action in the past. The show is totally smoker friendly throughout the venue. Two rooms, a "Men's Lounge" and "Library" are available for relaxation during the show. Special arrangements have been made for both hot and cold food and beverages during the show.
The club has 70 spaces available for vendors and others interested in displays. Sixty-four (64) of the spaces measure 4'X32". Six of the spaces are 8'X32". The 4'spaces are $50.00 and the 8'spaces are $100.00. Of course, two 4'spaces can be combined to make for a larger total display area. The venue is slightly smaller than in past years and we have had to make each display space slightly smaller to meet the demand. The price per space is also less than in the past.
Mailings are going out a little late this year. Hopefully around January 4th. Reservations will be confirmed when funds are received by the show coordinator: Bob Metzler, 7630 Bracken Circle, St. Louis, MO 63123. Please make checks payable to "The St. Louis Pipe Club". He may be reached at 314-434-0920. You may also text a fellow coordinator Harry Malin during the day or call him at night at: 314-619-0822.
Door prizes will be given and a silent auction will be held. The club will be very appreciative should you decide to contribute prizes and/or auction items. They may be sent to Bob Metzler at the address above."

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I plan on attending my 19th straight Gateway Show probably Thursday to Sunday morning. It's the longest running show and we are lucky to have found this new location. It's a very unique spot but not like the big one stop shows of the past. The hotel is no smoking and the balcony is technically no smoking but will tightly fit you and one other seated sideways. A group of us are looking for hotel with a smoking floor so we can all hang out together. Last year was unusually hot so we set up a smoking lounge outside and went to cigar lounge after dinner.

This show has always had great local support but I'd encourage everyone attend if at all possible. I don't think twice about my 7 hour drive to this fun event. 8O

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
Booked my tables and hotel room yesterday. It's a fun, tightknit show and I look forward to going again this year.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Ah ok, that works out well for me..considering I probably won't stay the night.

If I can swing at least $250- $300 spending money I'll be there for sure.

More than anything I'm looking forward to meeting some people.

metzmo

Lurker
Aug 26, 2013
Hi Guys and Gals,
I just posted on the General Discussion page the e-mail for the show. Is is pipeshow2017@gmail.com. If you need copies of the flyers we mailed out send me a request and I will get it right to you. I thank everyone for helping spread the word about the show. Thats what makes it such a great show every year. Now, since we are actually using the internet to get the word out, the crowds are bigger than ever. Even with the show so heavily attended, it really does not feel crowded. The lighting is great with floor to ceiling windows and bright overhead lights and there is plenty of space in the aisles.
Thanks for all your participation,
Bob Metzler, Show Coordinator 314-434-0920 or pipeshow2017@gmail.com

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Gentlemen, this is one of the best shows out there. VERY well attended. I don't think the room started clearing out last year until 4:00 pm. Fast and furious action all day. You'll find lots of different carvers, retailers, hobbyists and estate guys--lots of different tables in the room.
Can't beat free admission either!

metzmo

Lurker
Aug 26, 2013
Hi Everyone,
Thought you guys and gals might me interested in the vendors that will be there on Saturday. I will make the list available to anyone who wants to see it by e-mailing the show e-mail at: pipeshow2017@gmail.com.
Bob Metzler

Show Coordinator

314-434-0920

Status
Not open for further replies.