PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Well, guys we get comments like this every year and every year we keep doing those things that we are being accused of. Of course, as a group we do silly things as do occasionally the vendors we support. But to begin to imply that we're smarter than the vendors is silliness bordering on insanity.

dublinpiper90

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2023
North Carolina
The first and only blend of SPC I’ve tried is the Christmas 23 spirit plum pudding, I enjoy it I bought another tin, I do feel like that the price is higher they are some dang good tobaccos that are not nearly the Price point.

TakeThisCobAndStuffIt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2023
Tidewater, VA
It's not just SPC. There are a lot of brands that are approaching $10/oz. I go through the same mental masterbation when I consider pressing the buy button...is this Cobblestone better than my regular rotation? Yes, it is, but is it really 4x better than my $40/lb bulk? Well, no, not for all day every day. But, for a treat after Sunday supper and smoked infrequently? Sure, keep a jar around. In the end, it's really all about our respective budgets and how much we are willing to put toward tobacco.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
I came over from the world of cigars, where the difference between a $10 Avo and a $25 Davidoff (made by the same company) is negligible (to me at least).
Even at a 25% premium, the difference in cost of a bowl of an SPC blend vs a more mass market blend comes out to maybe 25 cents a bowl.
Doesn't really seem worth fussing over. I still think pipe tobacco is one of the world's few great remaining affordable luxuries.
I agree, but let´s keep it a small secret.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Its good tobacco but to me no better than other good tobacco. Its not available in the EU and it’s basically what we pay from Germany for anything. Since we dont have bulk its in line with typical prices. My sis brought me some. Before I had covid I could taste lat. hopefully my sense of smell will return. I found I preferred HU Fayyum cake better but not by much and it’s easier to obtain. We don’t have the luxury of bulk tobacco in the EU. Its all tin price with a few that can be bought in 100 and 250 gram lots.
Where do you get German tobacconist products shipped to France?

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
I am guessing many folks saw that 4 oz tin of SPC Christmas Spirit for $43 and thought things had gotten a little silly.

But prices have steadily risen in the last 2 years. Today De Luxe Navy Rolls is over $22 for a 1.75 oz tin, which is even more expensive than the Christmas Spirit by the ounce

Reactions: sardonicus87