PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
You can see the Cape Canaveral launch pad from my Dad's Condo in Cocoa Beach. I've seen a couple of launches on visits. It really is an impressive sight. One time,we were playing golf at Patrick Air Force Base when a launch was scheduled. It is pretty close to Canaveral. I was amazed how everyone on base stopped what they were doing to watch. I thought they might be "tired" of such things.

Mike S.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Space exploration is a crowning human enterprise. I'm glad to have some of the cost taken off the back of the tax payer. I'm not admiring of Elon Musk's personality, but he does interesting things, provocative and otherwise. It seems the heavy lifts into "space" will require extremely fit and intelligent people to spend years in a vehicle the size of a double-wide mobile home, which seems like a cruel circumstance for the people involved. Despite the seeming adventure, the daily routine seems pretty drab. I hope the efforts result in improved peace and wellbeing on Earth. I'm dubious this will take us to wonderful pleasing colonies in deep space. Have you contemplated the Mars-scape? It ain't really pretty. It looks like the badlands only much worse. Now about the range and recharging of these electric cars ... ahem.

Reactions: anotherbob

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Space exploration is a crowning human enterprise. I'm glad to have some of the cost taken off the back of the tax payer. I'm not admiring of Elon Musk's personality, but he does interesting things, provocative and otherwise. It seems the heavy lifts into "space" will require extremely fit and intelligent people to spend years in a vehicle the size of a double-wide mobile home, which seems like a cruel circumstance for the people involved. Despite the seeming adventure, the daily routine seems pretty drab. I hope the efforts result in improved peace and wellbeing on Earth. I'm dubious this will take us to wonderful pleasing colonies in deep space. Have you contemplated the Mars-scape? It ain't really pretty. It looks like the badlands only much worse.
Doesn't matter in my opinion what Mars looks like...the west didn't look much better when tens of thousands loaded wagon trains to go there either. It took capitalism to make that happen just like it took capitalism to make this happen. I would love to see "Space Station Mars" in my lifetime.

Reactions: carlomarx
Status
Not open for further replies.