PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
@carolina-means you are 26 now. When you get an email alert I think it kicks your alert out, takes it off the list in one time alerts and you have to sign up again. Correct me please if I am mistaken.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
@sablebrush-Maybe there will be another tobacco better than Stonehaven to chase by then.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
@sablebrush-Maybe there will be another tobacco better than Stonehaven to chase by then.
There are a multitude of better blends now. Don't misunderstand, I like Stonehaven. But a little goes a long way. I smoke it maybe 5-6 times a year. More than that and I find it a bit cloying and a bit boring. As a change up, it's a great blend. It's also a PITA to get the flavors to really pop. I think that most of the obsession with it lies in its scarcity.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
@sablebrush-I got ahold of about two lbs of it last year and I really haven't smoked much of it lately, once a month maybe. It's enough to scratch the itch when it appears. Or sometimes the chase is all the fun.
I also just started to understand straight VA's and have become somewhat obsessed with them.

goose61

Lurker
Jun 30, 2018
Well that ended up being a wild goose chase.
I can appreciate the thrill of the hunt and bagging your big game target, but this has gone beyond ridiculous now. In fact, it makes less inclined to patronize some of these brands at all.

goose61

Lurker
Jun 30, 2018
Beginning to think that I stand a better chance of walking into my local thrift shop and finding an unsmoked Jess Chonowitsch pipe for $5.00 than ever finding any of these now "unobtanium" blends.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
HU Tobaccos. They have to be ordered from Germany. Really superb blends.
Thanks! Director's Cut is one I am smoking a lot. With a heat wave in Germany now I've also been smoking HU Daddy Grefftl when I'm around other people. Nice summer time aromatic if one has a tolerance for such. I've been enjoying HU, Dan Tobacco, Peter Heinrichs, and a bit of Rattrays but didn't know if these are a PITA to get stateside.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I looked at my email at the right time! Some Marlin Flake, some HOTW and even some Wessex Campaign Brigade Dark Flake

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I’m in the 5-800 range for SP Esso-terror notifications. But that doesn’t really matter, because like Jesse, I don’t smoke any of it that often, so there’s enough on hand to last me a very long time. The thrill of the hunt only works for me with comfortable shoes, pork shoulders under a buck a pound and REM sleep.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Indeed.

After placing 2 orders and calling it a day...PH curly block 250g comes in. Had to pass, eventually I want to buy some to cellar.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
Put in an order of some stuff but . . . did anybody see Wessex brick in stock? It remains so elusive.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Brick was in stock somewhere, appears gone now everywhere I am looking but it was up for a bit.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
It's great!. The thrill of the hunt!
A few more in stock alerts and I will I have tried everything on my list.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I was kind of surprised Rattray's sold out so fast. I was expecting it to be like Lakeland Dark and be around for a few days with the limits placed on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.