PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Well crap. Thanks Zuckerberg.

Basically Jeremy says this is the 20th Anniversary of GL Pease blending so some exciting things dealing with that will be happening.

Reactions: logs and Jwebb90
Jun 23, 2019
the C&D XX Flake and XX Dark Flake were already 20th anniversary blends, I expect more to be released now that we're hopeully pass the CoVID delays

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The cost of creating blends is at least significant:

The blenders's time.
The tobacco.
The facilities.
Tinning.
Advertising/marketing.

With the FDA limits looming, the life of these blends will be abbreviated. They don't have the luxury of being written about on TR, with 100 comments accruing over the years.

I have to wonder why they are being created when the financial reward is much less? Might it be defiance?

Actually no.
Creating a limited run blend of 10,000 tins is a very lucrative business, as assuming an average retail price of $10, which sells out in a matter of days, generating $100,000 of retail revenue within a few days for a single blend. The tobacco is from current stock, and the blending, production and marketing is from existing budget.

This is a very effective business strategy and wildly successful.

The cost of creating blends is at least significant:

The blenders's time.
The tobacco.
The facilities.
Tinning.
Advertising/marketing.

With the FDA limits looming, the life of these blends will be abbreviated. They don't have the luxury of being written about on TR, with 100 comments accruing over the years.

I have to wonder why they are being created when the financial reward is much less? Might it be defiance?

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Their 20th is the perfect year to play to pipe smokers Deeming Regulation concerns...
"Deeming Regulations have you concerned? How about 10% off all orders over $100 and 20% off all orders over $200 the entire month of December." and we've stocked up on some oft unavailable brands just for this sale, so enjoy!

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
I’m thinking “Golden Ticket” in a random package or tin; ala Willy Wonka. Lucky holder gets to arrive at the C&D / Laudisi gates at 6am, is given a tour including the pirate ship lagoon where Black Frigate is stored for aging, the estate refurbishing cavern where any pipe, no matter the condition, is brought back to “smoked twice” condition, the single flake of tobacco that includes every major component - it starts out tasting like a light VA/Oriental, progresses to VA based with a little Latakia, then to Deep mahogany VA, Full Latakia and finally Dark Fired. Finally, the lucky ticket holder is to be given the “Everlasting Christmas Cheer”. Just one tin, but it never runs out or loses its flavor... ahh, the joys of hernia surgery recovery and pain meds. I can dream :) oompa oompa...

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I’m thinking “Golden Ticket” in a random package or tin; ala Willy Wonka. Lucky holder gets to arrive at the C&D / Laudisi gates at 6am, is given a tour including the pirate ship lagoon where Black Frigate is stored for aging, the estate refurbishing cavern where any pipe, no matter the condition, is brought back to “smoked twice” condition, the single flake of tobacco that includes every major component - it starts out tasting like a light VA/Oriental, progresses to VA based with a little Latakia, then to Deep mahogany VA, Full Latakia and finally Dark Fired. Finally, the lucky ticket holder is to be given the “Everlasting Christmas Cheer”. Just one tin, but it never runs out or loses its flavor... ahh, the joys of hernia surgery recovery and pain meds. I can dream :) oompa oompa...
This wins the “comment of the thread” award. Love it! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: stogie37
Status
Not open for further replies.