PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
Hello all,

I've had some decent luck blending and pressing my own mixtures. However, I have basically used all the blending tobaccos that pipesandcigars.com has to offer and I'm looking for new "ingredients". Does anyone know of another online retailer that has a good assortment of individual tobaccos used for blending?

Reactions: lightmybriar

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I think all the large online retailers are going to sell you all the same raw material: Sutliff, Lane, Cornell & Diehl, Stokkebye...

If you're interested in something a little more out of the ordinary you might try the McConnell blenders and the Torben Dansk blenders. Gawith & Hoggarth also have some blending ingredients (some of which seemed to have disappeared domestically), and Germain offers pure Latakia and a few Virginias that would make nice foundation tobaccos. There used to be a product line called "Blender's Bench" but it seems to have dried up for the most part.

Effortlessdepths

Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I think all the large online retailers are going to sell you all the same raw material: Sutliff, Lane, Cornell & Diehl, Stokkebye...

If you're interested in something a little more out of the ordinary you might try the McConnell blenders and the Torben Dansk blenders. Gawith & Hoggarth also have some blending ingredients (some of which seemed to have disappeared domestically), and Germain offers pure Latakia and a few Virginias that would make nice foundation tobaccos. There used to be a product line called "Blender's Bench" but it seems to have dried up for the most part.
Thanks, I'll check those out

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I’ve noticed over the last couple of years that some of the blending tobaccos that were available through the normal online vendors are no longer available. I didn’t do an exhaustive search, but of a few that I have in my cellar, I noticed that only wholesalers seem to have them, if that.

I’ve got enough to last until I’m dirt...

Reactions: Effortlessdepths

F4RM3R

Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Wholeleaftobacco.com is what I use. These are sold in larger amounts so it may not work for you.

The latakia, oriental, perique and Kentucky are great out of the bag. The bright Virginia is good too but much better with some stoving. If you want to delve into that.