PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
There are those who drive a Porsche because they're wealthy, but there are a few who are poor because they drive a Porsche. These people often have to shop at Walmart because their income requires it. As soon as I'm able, I'll have a 360deg motion sensitive camera installed. I have a sinking feeling this might be only the first time this happens.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Personally, I think it must have been an accident because it looks like it must have taken something large and with a hard corner to make that dent. Maybe they were carrying something, lost control and accidentally dropped it or backed up into the car. The troubling part is that the person doing it did not leave a note of accountability.
OTOH, you find the worst kind of people at Walmart. I absolutely hate going to the place. It is very possible someone took offense at the car as a sign of class envy. In either case, Walmart has cameras everywhere and the solution lays there for you or your insurance company.

A few weeks ago, I had to run into Walmart to buy girl stuff for my daughters, and I ran into a friend from the Briary. I felt like I was just caught, lights turned on finding me in a terrorist plot cell, a cabal. I hate being seen in that place. It's as bad as having to go into a liquor store, of which I will only do if life or death is at stake. However, I have no problems at all going to other places. The Briary, adult bookstores, I'll even shop Victoria's Secret for the wife. I don't even have a problem going to the Thrift Store. But the idea of going in a Walmart or the liquor store raises the hairs on the back of my neck. :puffy: weird, huh

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Interesting how many people are jumping on the "Walmart people are jealous of money" and that caused this to happen. In reality it's people who have money and position that screw over more people.
One car, while a tragedy, is just a car. Wealthy people who have power, authority and position ruin lives.
I'm no Marxist and I don't shop Walmart, but painting some folks by a random incident is pretty fucked up.
But I feel in need to reiterate.....some people still suck.

I really don't think some poor rusty truck driving guy would intentionally swipe a parked Porsche, unless it was double parked with cones on both sides of it, in which I am guilty of thinking about running my key down myself. However, some drunk old lady with her half blind husband could very well have backed into it and not even known... knowing the folks I see at WalMarts.

Yeh, poor people don't tend to set around and talk bad about the rich. Or, at least I have never heard of such. However, a drunk woman who's crammed herself into a pair of yoga pants two sizes too small... not paying attention...
I find it hard to believe that people walk around with some sort of financial-class agenda in mind. Maybe a handful of crazy people, but overall, I don't think the world works that way, at least in what I have seen.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Wealthy people who have power, authority and position ruin lives. But painting some folks by a random incident is pretty f---ed up.
Hmm, really, Ash? You don't see a staggering contradiction between those two statements? If you don't shop Walmart, how do you know who shops there? I've met some pretty seedy and even dangerous people there, but very few if any CEO's.
Rich or poor, you can be an ass and screw over others. I know some damned nice people from both camps. Being poor doesn't make you good nor does being successful automatically make you evil or an ass. Being an ass makes you an ass.
A lot of rich people started off dirt poor and worked their ass off to get out of poverty. A lot of rich people have had bad luck befall them and are now struggling to make ends meet.
Bottom line, no poor person ever gave me a job, created a company or hired 10,000 people and put food on my dinner plate. Me, I don't drive a Porsche, but whenever I go anywhere, I park far and away from most of the others in the safest place I can park, even if I have to walk a lot farther.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Tim I second your views, let's give most Walmart people a pass. I used to have a Condo in an exclusive little fishing community, for years I had an old scrappy place, my father was a Shrinper for years, I worked for Exxon, brought the Shrimpers children good clothes from Baton Rouge donated by my Buddies at Exxon. I used to be quite the mechanic I fixed their equipment when I could for nothing , our fun thing was throwing the cast net at the dams in the Marsh Island Reserve for shrimp. My point is comeing up. The little folks at the dam were kind, the big fancy boats were not. One example, one day we were throwing a cast net in the middle of about a 30 ft walkway on the dam, wife threw a 6 ft cast net better than a man. In comes a very fancy fisherman cuts power and glides right where we were, 3 Sports with the latest gear on says hey we are going fishing in the Gulf and we"ll just cut in get a few live shrimp and be gone. Now that was a no no, you never cut in, you waited your turn, and if he would have asked I would have given them the shrimp they needed. But I was a Deplorable, didn't know it then, they were the money people. I told the head dick, you see this 8 ft cast net it weighs about 5 lbs with the lead, you come on this dam I"ll whip you to a pulp with it. You see a poor person has to give in to one with a fancy boat, he went away . Acts of kindness at the dams were generated by the poor people not the fancy. Walmart is just a place, your mind is something else, most Walmart people will help you change a flat,Nemin Marcus people won't.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm going to refrain from the class talk. Ain't nobody changing nobody's mind here.
My car is at the Porsche dealership and will be made good as new again by Porsche trained body people. Get this, it'll be ready mid-end of next week and cost under a grand, $500 of which is my deductible. I'm still pissed, but so happy I'll have my car next weekend :)

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That's good news Nate.
My two cents on the "class" issue:
I don't think anyone is suggesting that character is determined by "class"...or by shopping at Walmart. There are good and bad in every segment of society.
But we are discussing the very specific nature of the incident in question here. IF it was done intentionally as the OP suggested it was:
Obviously not an accident. Someone targeted my car and did this on purpose.
then the motive seems rather obvious, does it not?
It's not the type of thing that a wealthy person of low character would do...they would stab you in the back in other ways. But it is the type of thing that someone of low character on the lower end of the economic scale would be tempted to do to a Porsche parked at Walmart. Simple as that.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Nate, nothing to contribute except to say how very sorry I am that some troglodyte did that to your beautiful car. I drive a Benz and have had a similar experience. Some people just can't stand it when someone drives a nicer car than they do. The car will be fixed like new, but no one can compensate you for the heartache you experienced.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Nate, sorry someone did that. Because for a while, even thought they will fix it, you know somebody dinged your baby.

This too will pass.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That really sucks. Most people are not bad, but also not good. They resent anyone who has more than them, and never think to wonder about the story behind the situation.
See if Walmart has video?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks Metal du Morte.... I assume the police will deal with it. Walmart won't supply me with video... at least in the past when I've demanded video of the women's changing room area they've refused and given me weird looks as if they've never had anyone ask before. Whatev.
I got an email from the body shop this morning. It's been a long while since I've had a car in a body shop and was shocked to hear they actually have modernized. I can log on anytime to see what's happening with my car, thereby lessening the obvious trauma and separation anxiety both my Porsche and myself are going through. I assume, of course, that my car can check in on me also.

Jun 27, 2016
Real collision centers are usually at least a notch above a body shop, and it sounds like you have factory-trained techs working on it, so I would not be worried. Probably the only way the Ins.Co. will pay the bill is to have those guys do the work.
What do they have to do to fix that? They'll probably take pics during the repair. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.