PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Yeah, that sucks big time. There are a growing number of brainwashed morons out there who are being conditioned to believe that anyone who has two nickels to rub together is the evil enemy. Walmart's definitely a good place to encounter some of them.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Awful!

So, you and the police jump through all the hoops to ID this dirtbag, apprehend, charge and prosecute him/her.

If convicted -- and that's a big if -- the judge's sentence would probably be probation. You lose again. :(
Well, IF, and it's a big if, if said dirtbag is convicted, the judge would award damages..... The bigger IF is if he's able to pay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Awful. That's how he treats his mother, wife, and children, no doubt. He thinks he's getting "it" back, but it just gets worse. He certainly admired your car, like that's a consolation. 'Sorry this happened and hope insurance and repair does right by you.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
There is no justification to either accidentally do this and not own up to it or to do it for some spiteful reason. I am curious though. Since you are on disability Nate, do you park in a space for people with disabilities? Perhaps it was someone who saw you walking without assistance and thought you were parking illegally. I brought my 82 year old mother to the doctor once and we used her parking placard. I ran back to the car after I got her settled in and had someone yell profanities at me because there is no reason for me to be parked in that spot. Many people jump to conclusions and say or do stupid stuff. That being said, I hope they find the @#$%.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Malignant Narcissism is a world wide epidemic. It is infecting every segment of society, from politics, to personal relationships, to economic status, to smoking restrictions. "I'm always right and you're always wrong", "my opinion is the only opinion that matters", etc. It feeds jealousy. It festers to the point of rage and violence. It's very evident in the political world today but spreads like a disease into everyday encounters. Sad world we live in these days. I'm becoming a hermit more and more, and am very careful about my behavior in public, especially regarding smoking. I usually refrain when mixing with the masses. Never know when something you say or do will send one of these self-righteous people off the deep end in a fit of violent rage. I've experienced it first hand concerning smoking and don't relish a repeat performance. I got lucky and wasn't assaulted, but it was close. Too close. Be careful out there, folks.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Nate, that's awful. Hope they find the dirtbag. Yes, maybe the camera shows something.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Nate I feel real bad for you. People don't give a damn anymore. That's why my trips to town are far and few, last time I went to Academy a young fellow threatened me, I was waiting for a man to back out of a parking spot and when I went in he rushed up to my truck almost hitting it, I've got insurance didn't care if he hit my truck and he started to open his door and stopped when he saw what I had on the dashboard. It was an equalizer in 45 cal, needless to say it ain't worth it. Again to your Delima it sucks, no excuse for that.

pipebeast

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2016
Holy Shit. I'm sorry to see that. I'm with the others on getting the security footage / filing police report.

Jun 4, 2014
Nate that truly does suck, some people have no respect for other people property. Hope the claim goes smoothly.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Nate that's terrible. Yep, you got to know that it was done on purpose. Jealous and greedy bastards. Some zombie saw Porsche and thought 1%. Assholes. :twisted:

Jun 27, 2016
I'd still be surprised if someone did that just to do it. Possibly if it was in a handicapped spot and someone thought that it should not be there, or possibly there is more to the background story that we don't know about. Were you parked like a knob? I'm thinking more and more that someone in a larger vehicle drove into you by mistake, probably going in reverse at a low speed, and then just took off without leaving any info.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thank you for all the kind wishes for my baby Porsche! Nope, never parked in a handicapped space before and still no word from Progressive on how long this will take. I am NOT patient.
So I have to buy a beater if I wanna go to Walmart? Kinda ruins the entire discount thing :(

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Nate, you don't need a beater if you don't shop ay Walmart. :rofl:
BTW: you now know why the mall parking lot always has that one car parked all the way at then end of the lot, all alone. :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.