SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 24, 2012
I absolutely loved Solani Silver, but haven't smoked any for years. I still have some jarred. News from my fellow enthusiasts is, it's been altered, like a lot of blends, and flavorless in comparison to just a few years back. Shit not only happens, it's becoming a torrent.
Is this true Sable? I wasn't blown away when I first tried it when it was fresh years ago but I have been smoking it lately and love the stuff with some age. All my stash is from 2012/13, but I only have around 5 lbs left - was contemplating getting some more until I saw your post. How has it changed? I wish they would refrain from fucking up great blends.

Reactions: AppalachianPipe92

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hi Peck,

I don't know the specifics beyond cut, and color of the blend. I haven't bought any since 2015 or maybe 2016. The people talking about it I've learned to trust when it comes to tobaccos.
This does seem consistent with what I'm seeing from other blends produced by K&K and others, especially with the substitution of Perique with Dark Fired in several blends I do smoke regularly.

I'm pretty much done with buying anyway, not totally, let's get real, but I'm only buying maybe 10% of what I used to buy when I was stocking up. So most of this doesn't affect me, except when I purchase something to replace usage only to find out that it's been subbed. So I'm not even going to do that. I'll just smoke down the pile and maybe pick up a few tins of something new that looks interesting..

Perhaps some others can shed some more light on this.

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
Is this true Sable? I wasn't blown away when I first tried it when it was fresh years ago but I have been smoking it lately and love the stuff with some age. All my stash is from 2012/13, but I only have around 5 lbs left - was contemplating getting some more until I saw your post. How has it changed? I wish they would refrain from fucking up great blends.
When I smoked the stuff fairly young I thought there was a nice sweetness in the blend with some nutty spicy dfk, plus a nice nicotine punch. So I bought like 3 pounds in 2015-2016. Since then I never got that sweetness back. I wrote about it recently and tried it again this week. It’s a damn nice blend but it seems like aging it more than 2 years get rid of the sweetness it had , as the dfk takes the lead.It’s still a really good smoke and it’s perfect with a light beer!