PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Jackknife plug- smells like bacon, tastes like candied orange peel over cedar...and smokes like liquid magma, for me, at least. I've done my best, but I popped it out again last night after months away and from the first puff I could quite literally feel the singe roll across my tongue. So, 3.75 ozs left I suppose I could trade.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I'll second, or third Capt. Bob's Blend & anything Lakeland.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Haunted Bookshop; it was just way to nic-strong for my system.
Half And Half; can't get past the bad memory that it tastes like I imagine a cat urine soaked 70's couch found in a crowded alley after a 4 month Sanitation Engineer strike. But that's just me.

jking

Lurker
Oct 17, 2016
"while I realize that their contents are just tobacco"
Wisdom in the typed word.

ctron

Lurker
Mar 25, 2013
Cracked a jar of C&D Kajun Kake from 2014, and it was covered in mold. Unfortunately I will not be smoking that.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I attended Sasquatch Music Festival in 2012 (I think) at The Gorge in Washington. While walking around the festival grounds, taking in the wonderful experience, smoking my pipe, I was approached by a kind gentleman. He inquired about my pipe, explaining he too was a pipe smoker. After explaining that he forgot his pipe and that he could not smoke the tobacco he brought, he offered it to me.
I graciously accepted the gesture and offered cash, "at least let me buy you a beer." But the kind gentleman would not accept anything other than a thank-you.
Well, this lovely peach flavored tobacco will go down as the only tobacco I will never smoke again. My wife, girlfriend at the time, said it smelled pleasant. The taste however, was burnt rubber and nastiness. I was never a huge "fruity" aromatic fan, this sealed the deal.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
St Bruno flake, I agree you might as well smoke chip board and I have a theory that IKEA use it to make table tops. Any of the flavored 'ropes' and just about anything that isn't Condor. To this list you can add Royal Yuck, Gold Schlock and Condor Mild in the blue packets as well as 85% of everything else on the U.S market and especially Captain Monochromatic!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Aromatics with cherry, chocolate, and other food related flavorings, and most other heavily flavored aromatics. No Sir Walter Raleigh, which is one of the few OTC tobaccos I simply cannot taste at all. No Dunhill Standard Mixture or SM Light, despite my loyalty to other Dunhill blends. No Lanes Q1, for being just too bland. No Lanes LL-7 for having too little tobacco forward flavor. Most of what I have tried, I have found tasty, although many are not so good that I re-order them.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I am not smoking Stonehaven. Because I can never get any. I am also not smoking any...We'll ok I only smoke truly burley forward blends, the slightest hint of Damn near anything else and my tongue hates me.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I've got a jar of Uncle Bob's Chocolate Flake that I just can't finish. I smoke it about once a year and remember why I hadn't smoked it in a year.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I have never tried a cherry aromatic that I was willing to give another chance. So those are completely off the table for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.