PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Beautiful! Only just starting my journey of kids but I'm sure that time will be here before I know it. Be proud and congrats to all!

NO ONE calls me doctor. A guy called me doctor, once. Just once. :puffy:

No, for real, I had a mountain to climb when I was younger, but I am over that now. I really don't want to carry the mountain around with me everywhere I go now. So, I don't like the title.
But, thanks guys. I appreciate it. Yes, everyone hears how fast kids grow up, and it's so cliche to say it, but damn, they do grow up so fast. I could tell the whole story about how the girls' mother left this world when the youngest was just two, and I had to raise two baby girls as a dumbass man-mom in the Deep South. I have so many great stories about potty training them, using truck stop men's rooms, while driving across state. "Papa, why is there a drawing of a woman with a rocketship going up her nose on the wall?"
Then I was lucky enough to meet Mrs. Cosmic just as they were coming of age, because (for their sake) my only knowledge of how to handle those "girl issues" was to open their door and toss a Hershey's Bar at them, crying=Hersheys, strange girl behavior=Hersheys. So, they are lucky to have turned out somewhat normal, haha.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
It's a great feeling of accomplishment, and something to be proud of, that whole having done right by your kids thing. Congratulations to you and your lovely daughter, and these are the things I try to remember when some rusty old wheezer (sometimes me!) gets all wound up with the whole "kids these days" schtick.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations to you and your daughter and family. I hope she enjoys college and all the places she will be able to visit and assist others.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I can't imagine raising my kids without their mother. I really admire you for what you accomplished, even if you did send them to school smelling like they had been at an all night poker game. Your story - not mine, remember?
Congratulations many times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.