PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Been having speech problems for several months. Most of the time, I talk fine. But there are times, I can't talk at all. Go into fastfood joint and can't say what I want to order, or wife asks me something and I'm just standing there looking dumb. Went to a neurologist, took an MRI. An area in my brain is white, not white spot, but the whole area. He asks, did you have a stroke? I'm like, not that I know of, I'm still here. He said it seems that I did in recent time. Thinking back, I remember when this problem first occurred. I mean I had few TIA before, but not a proper stroke. More test to follow. Kinda glad it didn't put me down. But in a way it wouldn't be a bad way to go. Not prolonged pain or painful treatments. Another reason to be thankful this season. Get to spend more time with my family.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Been having speech problems for several months. Most of the time, I talk fine. But there are times, I can't talk at all. Go into fastfood joint and can't say what I want to order, or wife asks me something and I'm just standing there looking dumb. Went to a neurologist, took an MRI. An area in my brain is white, not white spot, but the whole area. He asks, did you have a stroke? I'm like, not that I know of, I'm still here. He said it seems that I did in recent time. Thinking back, I remember when this problem first occurred. I mean I had few TIA before, but not a proper stroke. More test to follow. Kinda glad it didn't put me down. But in a way it wouldn't be a bad way to go. Not prolonged pain or painful treatments. Another reason to be thankful this season. Get to spend more time with my family.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon and cope with the speech problems. I’m sure you will, the brain might activate other regions for that purpose. Maybe some training with a speech and language therapist helps on the way. Far to early for leaving this existence anyways.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Best wishes, get it checked out properly, likely was a warning sign - the TIAs are not to be joked with - but it's good that it allows you to fix it!
This is not medical advice, but when my dad had a heart attack he was told to keep a box of aspirins at all times on himself. He is fine 5 years on, thankfully.

Last edited:

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I'm glad you decided to get a check-up after all, several months is a long time to endure something as serious as a speech impediment. Don't let the worries get to you, but do get well soon. We all like you here but what's more your family loves you. Take care of yourself!

ARTOPUT

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2022
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
Bullet08 just want to say I kind of know what you are going through to an extent. I went through a stroke back in 2017. With it, I lost memory of the names of my coworkers and suffered from some eyesight problems, forgot how to play my instrument of mine and got trimmers in my hands. But over time my brain rerouted itself to some degree. I got back my names of coworkers and got back my playing of the instrument but I still have the trimmers in my hands but better controlled with medicines. Overall I have recovered a great deal and am monitored by doctors much more so now. I found it important to follow up with the docs and wish you well and recovery.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Recover quickly sir. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.