PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
SP and TP have both given great service. I will say TP wouldn’t have sent me a pipe with machine marks on the top of the bowl if they’d inspected it and taken a pic but they took it back no questions asked and replaced it and I have no complaints. I trust both.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Besides the great customer service that Smokingpipes offers, the fact that they take the time to photograph and present each individual pipe they have for sale has completely spoiled me for all other online retailers. As a graphic designer, aesthetics are very important to me and I greatly appreciate the fact that I can inspect any pipe I may consider purchasing for differences in grain, stain, and nuance in shape even between pipes of the same make and model. They've set the bar in this regard and I've largely stopped looking at other sites because they'll typically show the best example of any model they may offer with a caveat that the pipe you receive may differ from the one in their listing. Do you know of any other US based retailer that photographs each individual pipe they have for sale?
Ya no shit, that's why they have most of my life's savings!

With respect to "with a caveat that the pipe you receive may differ from the one in their listing", I'm pretty sure the pipe you see is the pipe you get. They even advertise that fact.

The only issue I have with SP is that they didn't hire me when I applied for a Project Managers position there a few months ago. I was more than qualified given what they said they were looking for, and I really really REALLY wanted to work at a place I could smoke my pipes while working, which they do... so there's that. Otherwise I do a large part in keeping them in business.. damit

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
While I do buy stuff from all over, SP is my favorite. I like how well everything is labeled and listed, and the “finder” feature is very helpful. You can really tell it’s run by folks who love what they do.
That's because they get to smoke they're pipes while they're working! .... Damit

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I'd move over there and start working for them tomorrow if I thought I could get a job that I could actually survive on. If I had a wife with a good job or a rich girlfriend who lived there, I'd sweep the floors at SP just to work there.
If anybody knows of any quality women living close to SP who are looking for a quality guy... let me know please!
It's all I want for Christmas

Kevin! Admin! can you hook me up? lol

Last edited: