PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have an MM cob with a stock tomato red acrylic stem. Most of my stems are traditional colors, but I really like the brightness of the red stem, and so does my wife as it happens. My go-to author is a Luciano, but the Sav 320 is an overwhelming favorite on Forums in this shape.

Reactions: BlueMaxx and BROBS

Jun 23, 2019
I've been tempted by the pictures, looks to be a very practical shape.

It's so thick, does it take 9mm filters or something?

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
Mine came today also..
My third 320...and I am fighting off the urge for the mega....
6 mm filter, which immediately gets taken out and insert put back instead.
Draws like a dream, makes the best of most blends. Seems to let them shine.
Although I have not tried flake out of it yet.
In my hand nothing has felt better.
Not a clencher...more of a wingback with a footstool smoker..

IMG_1308.jpeg
IMG_1311.jpegIMG_1305.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: craig61a

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
Pretty pipe! I am not a fan of the filter insert. It's just more to clean. I know it's no big deal, but mine don't get smoked.

Reactions: BlueMaxx

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have 5, 320 Authors and they are wonderful pipes. One of the few briars I have that gets any action...

davidsaulmarshall

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2019
Cambridge, MA
Mine came today also..
My third 320...and I am fighting off the urge for the mega....
6 mm filter, which immediately gets taken out and insert put back instead.
Draws like a dream, makes the best of most blends. Seems to let them shine.
Although I have not tried flake out of it yet.
In my hand nothing has felt better.
Not a clencher...more of a wingback with a footstool smoker..

View attachment 23640
View attachment 23641View attachment 23642

That is some absolutely stunning grain. It has got my favourite type of birds-eye where each pattern swirls into the next.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I'll admit I was a bit shocked that they went with the 320 for the SP anniversary pipe. However, I shouldn't have been surprised because as others have stated it is a very popular shape. Glad you got it and I hope it serves you well!!

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
For me, for whatever reason, the 320 is the one pipe in my collection that has that Goldilocks feel, just right...I know it sounds strange but the pipe just gets me.
It is never finicky, it holds a healthy amount, I can clench it albeit not for an extended period of time. It smokes down to ash, takes less relights.
And I suppose it is all psychological (or perhaps not) but I swear the exact same blends in one of my other shapes does not tase as good.

I recently spoke to someone with an immense amount of knowledge on all things pipes...he told me try a lot of things, but only you will know your style.

Who knows, maybe a few years down the line it will change, but this is my comfort pipe.

Reactions: JMcQ

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Noticed all $118 smooths are gone, 25 of the $118 sandblasts remain. I don’t think they’ve sold a one... I looked em all over, none of them appeal to me.

Seems like Punto smooths are moving, not much else though.

That Giubileo smooth is nice looking, but at that price I’d be buying an artisan pipe...

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I'll admit I was a bit shocked that they went with the 320 for the SP anniversary pipe. However, I shouldn't have been surprised because as others have stated it is a very popular shape. Glad you got it and I hope it serves you well!!
Actually, that was the second release of anniversary pipes. SP had an original release of Peterson spigot anniversary pipes a few weeks back.

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
Noticed all $118 smooths are gone, 25 of the $118 sandblasts remain. I don’t think they’ve sold a one... I looked em all over, none of them appeal to me.

Seems like Punto smooths are moving, not much else though.

That Giubileo smooth is nice looking, but at that price I’d be buying an artisan pipe...

They look too similar to one of the 320 Sav's they released as the Saint Nicholas model 2019....
It is funny on the 320's sometimes the smooth or the rusticated looks gives the pipe a whole different look depending on the stem color.
For instance, the Oceano series, I do not care for the blue on the rusticated, or really on the smooth, but think its looks better on the smooth.
I still do not care for the version with the faux military mount..the proportions just look off...however I bet it is a good smoker.
The Alligator ones just look awful to my eye.
I have the Fantasia in rusticated, but do not like it on the smooth....
To each their own I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.