PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
So I just realized smoking pipes gives badges for all kinds of things. Im trying to figure out what badges exist, and if there are any benefits to obtaining them. Plus it might just be fun to see what badges everyones gathered over the years.

As for me I have none this far... Either that or I don't know where to fibd them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What are these badges? As long as I've been hanging around, I've not encountered these, so I'm glad to hear about them. My best discounts have been snagging pipes on sale. Forty bucks has bought me what forty bucks never bought before ... plus shipping. Amazing what turns up if you just browse the retail sites regularly. It wasn't any forty bucks, but SP gave me a whale of a deal on a Ser Jacopo blast Dublin ... never see that price on that pipe again. Then there was the Forums member who sent me a Ferndown; thought I'd gone delusional. And thank for that again, sir! And the late great Bob Hayes, N.C. pipe carver, at the end of a show made me an offer on a bamboo shank Dublin I couldn't refuse. Again, felt like I'd lost it, in a dream.

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
What are these badges?

Apparently you get different badges, there are some for buying a certain amount of different countries pipes i.e. 5 Italian pipes, or any other nation. Theres one for trying different tobacco. Apparently there's a VIP membership one etc. I just learned about it. Im wondering what all there is out there. Im a dweeb, I love shit like this. Now I wanna get me some badges lol.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Apparently you get different badges, there are some for buying a certain amount of different countries pipes i.e. 5 Italian pipes, or any other nation. Theres one for trying different tobacco. Apparently there's a VIP membership one etc. I just learned about it. Im wondering what all there is out there. Im a dweeb, I love shit like this. Now I wanna get me some badges lol.

I have the VIP badge. Doesn't do anything for me on tobacco purchases. It doesn't even give me notifications on tobacco in time for me to make a purchase before it is sold out in most cases.

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
I have 6 badges.

La Dolce Vita - Gold (more than 20 Italian pipes)
Student of Pipes - Bronze (more than 20 pipes)
Tobacco Meister - Gold (tried more than 75 different tobaccos)
Old Friend - Silver (done business with Smokingpipes more than 5 years)
VIP - Silver
UPS Freeloader - Gold (received free UPS shipping more than 20 times)

The only badge that matters is the VIP. The Silver gets me 10% off regular Savinelli series and 5% off all other pipes, including Savinelli Autographs. There are other discounts from other carvers like Dunhill (15%), Peterson (10%) and Cavicchi (10%). Since Savinelli is all I purchase, that's all that matters to me. It would be nice to get discounts on tobacco.