Smokingpipes 10% sale, I couldn't control myself.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I see a sale and I just can't say no. I have no will power when it comes to TAD and PAD so here is what I just ordered.
10 tins Dunhill: Deluxe Navy Rolls 50g

10 tins John Aylesbury: Luxury Flake 50g

10 tins Mac Baren: HH Old Dark Fired 100g

5 tins Solani: Silver Label - 660 100g

5 tins Peterson: Irish Flake 50g

2 tins Dan Tobacco: Tordenskjold Virginia Slices 50g ( would have bought more but limit is 2, no idea why)

1 tin G. L. Pease: Union Square 2oz ( first time for this one)
Total weight was 102.32 ounces which equals 6.4 pounds = $69.32 per pound. Not too bad for tinned tobacco considering SG pounds go for around 64.00.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Did you say "sale"?
Thank God you and I have drastically different tastes in tobacco, Harris. I'd be ticked if my favorites were all sold out.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Wow!! That is a serious order, Harris.
I snagged 8 tins of Sams Flake. This is one I have never had before.
Bigvan - Smokingpipes.com has a 10% off sale going on all bulk and tinned tobaccos thru Monday I think.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Not as hefty as Harris' order, but I managed enough to qualify for free shipping.

• G&H Bright CR Flake 4oz

Esoterica Dunbar 2oz

Low Country Waccamaw 2oz

Low Country Santee 2oz

GLP's Cairo 2oz

Butera Royal Vintage: Sweet Cavendish 50g

McClelland Blakeney Toasted: Tawny Flake 50g

McClelland CPCC: Epitome 50g

McClelland GKCPC: Boston 1776 50g

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
bigvan, I have been noticing some of my favorites are getting scarce and I am not going to get caught like I did when Three Nuns stopped being made like it used to be. I am glad we don't like the same stuff also, I don't need anymore competition than I already have. lol
Mike, you bought 8 tins of a blend you have never tried, that is what I call balls. I always buy one tin of something new, guess I am a chicken.
Cortez, nice order, I wish I could smoke McClellend blends, it would open up my rotation big time. It is funny but I was looking at those Low Country blends as well have you tried them before?

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
I'm going to pull the trigger on this after work, not as hardcore as you guys but I want to try something new

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
@ Harris: This is my first order from Low Country. I passed on the Latakia blends, but the Santee,

a Virginia aromatic, sounded like it might be an interesting change of pace; and the Waccamaw,

a Va. flake with Perique and Izmir, sounded like a "must try". I'll let you know what I think of them.
I too thought mrenglish was kinda ballsy buying 8 tins of Sam's Flake in the blind. It's the "hint of topping"

that would have intimidated me. Can you imagine 8 tins that smelled like a urinal cake? :rofl:

I'll probably try a tin of Sam's Flake some day. Maybe I'll get to trade with mrenglish! :lol:

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
Or I'll buy on my coffee break... I picked up the whole line of Frog Morton and the Peterson sample pack. Now the wait begins!

reddog

Lurker
Nov 13, 2012
Wow, I thought I was doing good with my order, then I saw this post. I appreciate the sale tho, allowed for a couple more tins in the budget.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
cortez, urinal cake, lololololol Man that conjures up some nasty smell. What movie was it when someone thought they were mints and the guy started chowing it? I keep getting an image of Bill Murray for some reason, but I am not sure.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
roth, Aylesbury is a blend that no one knows about. It has a sweet molasses thing going and it is perfect right out of the tin, one of my favorites. The Tordenskjold Virginia Slices is a mild sweet blend that is a nice morning smoke. I am still working on my first tin and it is growing on me.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
roth, Aylesbury is a blend that no one knows about. It has a sweet molasses thing going and it is perfect right out of the tin, one of my favorites. The Tordenskjold Virginia Slices is a mild sweet blend that is a nice morning smoke. I am still working on my first tin and it is growing on me.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
What the HELL,had to order a LB of SG Saint James Flake bulk and a tin of Grousemoor.....I'm weak I tell ya :wink:

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Planning on a pound of Grousemoor since I have a few empty jars.... too bad the stuff doesn't come in 250g packs. Maybe get some 1792 while I'm at it. No free shipping to Alaska but their shipping calculator doesn't gouge

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Well, I went and snagged a tin of Sams Flake at my local B&M. The slight topping, not sure what it is, is not bad at all. Certainly no worse than Glengarry Flake with its honeydew topping. My taste is off right now (fighting a cold), but it is certainly tasty. The girls at worked like the tin note, but it does not really come thru heavy at all on the smoke. The Turkish definitely adds a bit of zing to the VA's. I guess it is Brown Flake and FVF mixed together. All in all, a tasty smoke. I will post more when I get to tasting it better but as of now, it certainly is not like a urinal cake... There is no Tonquin added to it like some of the reviews say. Or, if there is, it is very slight as I do not detect it.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
My PAD left me with a little wiggle room in my fun money budget so I ordered a few tins...your order puts mine to shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.