PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
This Neerup is sold as a bent egg, but its more of a Danish freehand thingy than really egg shaped, you could also see it as a apple shaped pipe. Smokes great (only smoked ribbon English in it), "huge" 22x40mm bowl (which is normal for Neerup). It is a bit heavy, but it clenches good because of enough button surface.

RRR Neerup.jpg

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Bent eggs are some of my favourite shapes

Along with brandys and tulips

View attachment 285462View attachment 285463View attachment 285465View attachment 285464
Size varies from medium (Group 4) to large (Group 6)

Length of smoke depends on cut of tobacco and dryness

I also use meer chips/Nording Keystones so I can put more in if I wish to have a shorter smoke, or if the humidity is very high View attachment 285466View attachment 285467
Yes - I've seen some nice tulips as well. Some straight eggs as well. Is the Peterson 68 considered an egg shape? I like the army mount ones even though I have no pipes with that much of a bend.

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
This Neerup is sold as a bent egg, but its more of a Danish freehand thingy than really egg shaped, you could also see it as a apple shaped pipe. Smokes great (only smoked ribbon English in it), "huge" 22x40mm bowl (which is normal for Neerup). It is a bit heavy, but it clenches good because of enough button surface.

View attachment 285909
Great pipe and blend combo!

Reactions: kcghost

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
The Peterson 68 is a bent brandy; the 69 a bent billiard. The closest to an Peterson egg shape is the X160AB or 2023 POTY, they come non-filtered too; this one is 9mm filter:

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I’d call the Peterson POTY 2023 a bent egg. I’ve been extremely impressed with the quality of the briar & how well it smokes. Quite surprised to see so many still available online. Maybe the shape is too ‘old fashioned’ for most people?
IMG_6365.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Simmerdown☕️

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I agree; weird.

SP.com: Compared to other takes on the bent Billiard, the "X160" boasts a bowl which is significantly more supple and even Egg-like in silhouette, with a supple waist and arcing taper toward the rim.

SP.eu: Appearing in Peterson's 1906 catalogue as a P-Lip Army Mount, the X160 AB was defined by its deep, swan-neck bend and softly rounded, Egg-like bowl.

But then again, there are a lot of things nowadays that seem different from the old days.

Reactions: Chasing Embers