PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanwebber

Lurker
Mar 26, 2013
the floorplan shows the 4 bedroom layout. i actually have 3 bedrooms...lower level is the same, but the upper level sacrifices the loft for a master bathroom suite with jacuzzi, washer/dryer closet and double the size full guest bath.
i also put a small bench and table out on the front patio for when my guests or i want to smoke outside. there's also the smallish deck where i have my grill, seating and a large ashtray ensconced. that's one thing i envy about my neighbors--they have a deck that runs the full length of their units (on the order of ridiculousness like my garage).

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
'I can smoke where I want to, I can even smoke inside

Cause your friends don't smoke and if they don't smoke

Well they're are no friends of mine' -To the tune of Men With Hats- Safety Dance
No one smokes cigarettes in my house though. That's just dirty.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Stan, since you posted your house floor plan, you might as well post your address and house alarm code :lol:

We are in the summer doldrums here in Alabama. The wind stops throughout August most years, and standing still even at night means sweat just pours off of you. Over 100F heat index with just as high humidity. Last night after getting ready for bed, my oldest brought back some of my tools, which I helped her load onto my porch. I was sopping wet like I had ridden a my bike through the rain, sweat. I had to change again before bed.

Luckily Mrs. Cosmic doesn't mind me smoking inside, which was not the case when we first met, but I have involved her with my explorations into pipes. Whether the nostalgia or her family history with tobacco farming or the quaintness of smoking a pipe, she is just as knowledgeable about pipes and tobacco as most here, without having ever smoked a pipe herself. I have installed in-line exhaust fans with controls in each room. It doesn't get rid of all smoking odors, but it at least means that when I smoke while we watch our movies at night, she isn't getting a fog between the eyes and the TV. We have grown to love that aroma of home we get when we return to the house after being out all day. It's just a part of "us" now.
I have built several huge decks outside with paths throughout the yard, and I do enjoy spending the evenings outside most of the year. But, at this time of year, we only set outside for a sauna-like rejuvenation. To set outside for too long is to transform your body into a saltwater filtration system. You can dehydrate from just setting on the porch drinking water.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sounds pretty ideal. The climate here is similar and humid, so no matter how much you dry your tobacco, it barely lights. Good thing is that the heat caramelizes the Virginias in advance, so it's kind of nice while you wander around melting.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I'm fortunate to have a 700 sq. ft. shop that I have converted part of into my Man Cave; aka the Metal Lounge. It's great in the winter as its heated. It's fine in the Summer as well, but on days like today where it's 90 out; it gets very hot in the Metal Lounge. Even with the windows open and the fan on its still hot, so on the real hot days I'll chill on the patio in the late evening when it's a bit cooler out.

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
Mostly indoor smoker here. My wife doesn't mind it too much, but I limit it to my man cave/bedroom due to the fact that one of my cats has bronchitis and has a hard enough time breathing as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.