PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Outdoors for the most part, indoors means in the car if Momma/baby/passengers aren't there. We have a 1 br apartment of approx 520 sqft ( 48 m2 ) which is non-condusive to indoor smoking. I personally despise residual smoke smells, wheter good or bad, so even if we had the means to have a smoking room it would have to have a good ventilation system and be kept tidy.

One of my bookkeeping clients is a cigar smoker so once in a while we smoke in his office ( out of his home, not a public one ).

If it's too cold to smoke outdoors in the winter ( and sometimes it is ), I'll go in the car ..... or smoke less.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
@seanavan
I'm clear at the other end of the state, Medford. Would like to get a listing of some places to smoke in Portland; we wander up thattaway every so often and I usually have a pipe with me. Send me an email checotah45@aol.com if you feel like listing some good places.
Thx.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Now that I'm back in Las Vegas and have my cleaning deposit safely transferred into my checking account I can honestly say that I got one of those smaller air purifiers from Target, I believe like bigvan it was a Honeywell not sure though, and it kept a master bedroom smelling good. I feel I must mention the filter I got with it was specifically for odor elimination, such as pets, food smells, and yes it did mention tobacco on the box.
I put the air purifier on high for about ten minutes before smoking and left it right next to me when I was smoking. After the smoke I left it on high for about ten minutes or so and then let it run on low for a few hours. I was actually worried that it might not have gotten all the smell out and I might not get the deposit back, but sure enough when I opened the door to collect the few belongings I still had there it had no tobacco smell at all.
The key to the air purifier, I think, is that you have to make sure it's the right size for the room. It should say on the box what the square footage is that it's good for.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The best unit to take away smell is an ozinator. If you run that at night after you smoke, you will never smell smoke in that room.
5 months ago when the weather was beautiful, I did most of my smoking outside when it wasn't too windy. Once the summer came here in Florda I took my smoking inside. Now the whether is perfect for smoking on my lanai and front porch again so I am back outside when the wind is down. I like sitting outside with the warm tropical breeze looking at palm trees as I surf the net.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I just resurrected my upstairs den. It is a small room that I converted from a bedroom to "my space" the wife isn't real crazy about me smoking in there but as long as the smoke isn't all over the house we are good. I make sure to open a window when I smoke and am currently looking for a fan to fit in the window to pull smoke outside. I just switched to a pipe a few weeks back and here in Wisconsin it is nice to be able to relax with my pipe without freezing outside in the winter.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
In my livingroom, no english blends, my better half is a chef so she enjoys the smell from a good aro :)

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I prefer to smoke indoors. The smell of the tobacco is part of the tasting experience. I smoke in my man cave in the upstairs office, where I keep my pipes and tobacco (my tobaccos for aging are kept in the cellar in the basement). I can listen to music and work on my computer. I do have to clean my computer about four times per year but that only takes about 1/2 hour.

tmilz20

Lurker
Nov 22, 2012
Outside only, and that's my choice. Even in the middle of Michigan winters. In the garage with a propane heater and good book in the winter, and on the patio for the late summer nights that Michigan enjoys.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Inside and out.I live on a 50 acre farm in a 100yr old farm house thats so drafty it realy doesnt make a differance, however, the cows do complain once in a while.

tgwilt

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
Inside in my unfinished basement filled with all types of clutter. The two litterboxes tend to disguise the smoke! I live in extreme NE Ohio (Conneaut) and it gets a little cold for me to sit in my unheated garage.
In summer I occasionally smoke out on the covered back patio. Smoke helps repel the mosquitos.
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.